Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
I am considering a CRV diesel, anyone use a CRV petrol or diesel, can an Alko 2004 stabiliser be used or does it foul the rear mounted spare wheel.

Incidentally anyone thinking of buying a Honda Accord diesel Tourer, Its the best non four wheel drive towcar I have had in 25 years of towing ,exceptional diesel engine, unbelievable economy and power.,and quieter than any diesel I have owned (6 french and japanese).

Derek

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Derek, I have a 2002 petrol CRV. It has been a very reliable car and nothing has gone wrong in 40,000 miles. it is very comfortable and I never have any aches or pains after long journeys. The tyres still have plenty of tread as do the brake pads. I get about 23 mpg towing and have not found the high revs/max torque a problem. It is a competent tow car but the 60kg nose weight limit (2002-2004) is draw back. i have had a look at the diesel at the dealers but would have to be convinced before parting with an extra

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Derek, My previous towcar was a Freelander and I found that fitting a spacer on the towbar gave ample clearance for the Alko handle. This would probably work for the CRV. Incidentally I have just changed the Freelander for the Accord Tourer diesel and I have been amazed by the performance of the Accord. I would also say that it is the best non 4x4 towcar I have driven. I would recomend anyone looking for a new car currently to go and test drive one. Regards Richard S

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts