Honda crv

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys currently own a 06 kia Sorrento and was thinking about a change. We need a 4x4 of sorts as we do a lot of rallying . I was thinking of a Honda crv diesel a little bit netter on fuel and a not more refined prob around 08 reg is all the budget will allow any thoughts on this and I've heard there a bit soft on rear end for towing . Any help welcomed thanks john

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi John
We have an 07 2.2 cdi. Not towed with it yet but they appear to have good reports. 100kg hitch and maximum legal tow limit of 2000kg. Before anyone comes on and goes on about 85% recommended etc etc take advice about the weights together with your experience. The crv also has a a built in trailer control which has excellent reviews.
As a day to day car they are great with plenty of room and well built, the engines are renowned for reliability.

Marc

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
We bought an 09 2.2i CTDi at the end of last year to tow our newly acquired caravan. The van has an MTPLM of 1300Kg, which is well under the 85% recommendation (the car's kerbweight is 1714Kg).

The caravan tows brilliantly, even without stability control, and the outfit is not tiring to drive. We aim to get better than 30mpg while towing, and usually achieve it. There's loads of luggage space in the car, and it's comfortable to drive. Without the caravan we typically return just over 40mpg overall.

Against? Well, the visibility isn't that good. Because of the high-waisted design of the car, the windows are rather small. Also ours came with tinted windows, which makes it even gloomier. And somehow you never fall in love with a Honda (we've had Honda bikes in the past), however massively competent they are!

But it'll fit the brief all right.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Most post 1975's Honda's are very competent vehicles, (the earlier ones were very small and prone to rusting) During the 1980/90's we had three in the family, and as Mel has suggested we found them very competent but not exciting. Thats not as damming as it may seem.

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Had three of them, two petrol latest 2.2 diesel. All towed well but petrols are very thirsty especially when hooked up. If petrol avoid autos. Go for diesel you hardly know a van 1440kg is on the back.

Mar 17, 2004
Visit site
I have a 2013 CR-V 2.2 EX I-DTEC. It tows brilliantly and is lovely to drive. It is this month's Best Buy in Which?
Consumption with my new Swift Challenger Sport 514 is 32.6 mpg. With my previous Swift 524 it was 28.2mpg, similar to the consumption of my previous Honda Accord 2.2 Tourer.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts