Honest! It's a great match!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Over the past 5 months or so, I have people wander up to my outfit- 2004 Bailey Ranger 470/4 and the new VW Golf 2.0 TDI- with a slightly concerned face!

Then comes the question- does that pull your van alright? Yep, I reply it's bang on 85% match, does 35 mpg towing at 60 in 6th on the motorway- it's great

They then look at the van again and look like they don't believe me and wander off thinking I will be pushing at the next hill!

Honest, it's great for towing. While the small proportions of the Golf make the van look larger than it actually is- the Ranger is nice and light and the Golf has nearly 140 bhp to tug it with.

Just thought i'd mention it, in case anybody spots me in the future and thinks i'm crazy.

By the way- I want a Pageant.....but can't tow it!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
At 60 mph, it's the power doing the work, whether you measure it in bhp, PS or kW.

This must be true because the same power is needed at a constant speed, regardless of gear selected. At constant speed the torque required depends on the gear ratio.

The excellent torque looks after the acceleration and reduces the number of gearchanges.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts