Hookless Hangers - are they any good and stockists

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have any experience of using these hookless hangers, have found a company who sell them for £27.00 for 10 - or £19.95 for 6 on Ebay. Does anyone know of anything better/cheaper? Many thanks. LIsa.

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Just normal one's hooked one each way, with either a large draped towel over the top of them all to stop them bouncing off or a bugee cord hooked round the tops does the trick ..........
You can just carry things from the house then hook them on
smiley-laughing.gif

Total cost .............. 0.00p

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
I wouldn't waste money on special hangers, just alternate.
smiley-smile.gif

The only things I personally have problems keeping on the hangers are trousers or jeans, they have a tendency to slip off.
smiley-frown.gif

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Wendy-Norfolk said:
smiley-smile.gif

The only things I personally have problems keeping on the hangers are trousers or jeans, they have a tendency to slip off.
smiley-frown.gif

Yes but some vans are worse than others for clothes jumping off. Our last one was a Bailey, with a wardrobe against the rear wall and no shock absorbers. Everything was in a heap at the bottom unless we used a piece of pipe insulation plus a bungee cord. Our current Swift with shocks and a more central wardrobe doesn't need anything to hold them on the rail.

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
SWMBO uses non slip material wrapped round the hanging rail to stop the hangers moving, also it stops the hanger jumping off the rail

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
John Griffiths said:
Wendy-Norfolk said:
smiley-smile.gif

smiley-frown.gif

Yes but some vans are worse than others for clothes jumping off. Our last one was a Bailey, with a wardrobe against the rear wall and no shock absorbers. Everything was in a heap at the bottom unless we used a piece of pipe insulation plus a bungee cord. Our current Swift with shocks and a more central wardrobe doesn't need anything to hold them on the rail.

As the OP has purchased a Swift caravan, she shouldn't have any problems then!

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I will look forward to trying out some hangers to see if they do fall off during our test runs before our weekend away ... fingers crossed all will be well!

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Can't see the point in paying for a solution to the problem. A little ingenuity is all that is needed, not money!
Happy caravanning!
Regards
Derek

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
As items hung in a wardrobe whilst travelling raise the centre of gravity and sway about they could contribute to marginal stability. Why not just lay the items on one one the beds whilst travelling and hang them up on arrival? Aids safety and your pocket!!

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
We like others have had this cloths problem, also like others we have used all sorts of devices, all I would add is if you forget to put them on before you start out ,we found the usual heap on the floor. Looking at the hangers with the clip on the hook my first impression was they would do away with me having to remember to fit cord etc. Expesive yes but peace on arrival at site was worth a try. We have used them and only put every 3rd hanger with the clip on it ,like that the 10 supplied was more than needed.
Problem solved, I now am entitled to a large glass of medicated water once we are set up.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts