Oct 19, 2023
Visit site
I just take the mats outside and give them a shake if needs be. The van is pristine on arrival but looks like a scene from an earthquake film from day 2 onwards. Can't say it bothers me for a week away, maybe if I was able to spend a month on holiday it would.

Reactions: Challenger
Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
I just take the mats outside and give them a shake if needs be. The van is pristine on arrival but looks like a scene from an earthquake film from day 2 onwards. Can't say it bothers me for a week away, maybe if I was able to spend a month on holiday it would.

We often do 6-8 weeks away in France and/or Spain. Trust me, a soft broom and a decent vacuum are utterly essential items.,

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We used loose lay mats that could be taken out and brushed. Likewise the seat throws too. Otherwise a soft brush and dustpan, supplemented by a J cloth, detergent and bucket sufficed. We did have a portable vacuum as recommended by some PC members but quite frankly its filter would clog, and it took too long to wash and dry it. So that found a home via Freegle.

But the van was returned to spotless using an original Dyson or predecessors when we got home. These days I think we might have taken the Dyson cordless, but to be honest when away on holiday countering the detritus from children, grandchildren and dogs isn’t really our forte, even on four week jaunts.

Aug 24, 2021
Visit site
Wouldn't touch Dyson with a bargepole ! Once were good but are now cheap, fragile cr*p sold at a premium price. And despite Mr Dyson's patriotism they are mostly made in Malaysia .

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
The Dyson V6 Animal dealt with two Springer Spaniels daily . The proof was in the emptying of the waste.
Not the cheapest but it performed perfectly

Reactions: Buckman
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
When the last of our two old `Springers passed in early 2023 I persuaded my wife to try a cordless cleaner as our old Dyson DC 33 animal upright was very heavy and I know that she found it hard work especially on the rooms with new carpets. So we bought a cordless V8 and I must say it is very efficient and so easy to use, even I am now an approved user. Our decision to go cordless was based on becoming non dog owners, but shortly afterwards a new Sprocker took up residence., but the V8 takes it all in its stride.

The old DC33 resides under the stairs and is used for car cleaning and heavy muck such as decorating sanding etc. What I've alway liked about the Dyson was that spares were readily available if required, but the DC 33 has only had to have one clutch repair.

Dyson give excellent customer service as our daughter had problem with her Dyson corded ball cleaner and it was sunder warranty and they told her it would be four weeks to be collected. Not good enough she said so they sent her a brand new one next day, and told her to keep the old one, which is now A1 again.

Back in 2002/3 Dyson was embroiled in an application to extend the manufacturing units in Malmesbury but was confronted with a significant resistance from NIMBYs and Councillors. Just like when Dyson wanted to open a Design Academy in Bath. . As most of the parts came from Asia the move of manufacturing reduced cost by 30% and put the products close to significant markets. The claimed 800 job losses did not arise as only 65 jobs were lost. Since then Dyson have significantly extended the R&D facilities and introduced a technical apprenticeship degree. So the intellectual center of this British company's expanded and is still in Britain.

Shark/Ninja however is a US company based in Boston whose products are made in China.
Malaysia or China take your pick. I know where I prefer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dustydog
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Wouldn't touch Dyson with a bargepole ! Once were good but are now cheap, fragile cr*p sold at a premium price. And despite Mr Dyson's patriotism they are mostly made in Malaysia .
We have small Dyson in the caravan which is several years old and a cordless Animal vacuum at home. Both are quite robust and no issues.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Reactions: Buckman
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
The Dyson V6 new was £159 . Replaced by the super efficient V8 currently available new at £279.99 direct from Dyson. The Dyson particularly suits people with lung disorders insofar as it filters out the micro dust particles that other cleaners recirculate.
I think our V8 was a little over £300 direct from Dyson last year, but it came with a useful additional accessory pack too.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We paid around the £329 price but with a couple of extra tools, but last year the £329 was a reduction on a higher price. Guess market conditions have tightened now, hence the lower price being shown. Must say if we put the old corded DC33 over the lounge then follow it with the V8 its surpsinng what the V8 then picks up. Not something we do very often as I prefer the DC3 to enjoy its well earned retirement.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Given that most domestic ones are now rechargeable these are probably the best for most of us. We always use hook ups and take a small cheap vac with us, but it is not that good so I would not suggest that,

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts