Hope they make it.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I hope the guy driving a Peugeot 307 at an indicated 75mph on the A1, north of Grantham got home safe tonight. He was in a big rush to get where he was going and overtaking a lot of traffic in some high cross winds. His female friend in the passenger seat didn't seem to mind being driven by this forgetful person. How do I know he was forgetful? Well, anyone that could remember that they had hitched up a caravan to their car before setting off, wouldn't be doing those speeds in those conditions on a busy dual carriageway.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lo{pipe delimiter} in the law of probability this idiot must at some time in the future have a serious accident. I if reading of his demise have any sympathy for him but will have a lot of sympathy for the innocent people that may become involved.

Oct 13, 2005
Visit site
that reminds me of going on holiday last year, It was before we bought a van and we were off to stay in a static van. heading down the motorway to cornwall doing 10mph the wrong side of 70 in the middle lane when a nissan people carrier towing a large van whistled past in the outside lane. the nisson was a revolting purple colour and the van had some very poorly applied "decorative" stripes on the sides. I thought the guy was off his head as he was doing at least 15 or 20 mph over the motorway speed limit which meant 25 to 30mph over the legal towing max. One week latter we are stuck in stationary traffic trying to get home. What was the cause?. A purple nissan people carrier on its side in the inside lane with an A frame hanging off of the towball and three policeman sweeping up the caravan with dodgy stripes which was in about 3 million pieces. The best bit was the wife and 2 kids looking fine and dandy as the paramedic mopped the blood from the drivers head and placed a neck brace on him. Just for once the only injury was the berk that deserved it.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
that reminds me of going on holiday last year, It was before we bought a van and we were off to stay in a static van. heading down the motorway to cornwall doing 10mph the wrong side of 70 in the middle lane when a nissan people carrier towing a large van whistled past in the outside lane. the nisson was a revolting purple colour and the van had some very poorly applied "decorative" stripes on the sides. I thought the guy was off his head as he was doing at least 15 or 20 mph over the motorway speed limit which meant 25 to 30mph over the legal towing max. One week latter we are stuck in stationary traffic trying to get home. What was the cause?. A purple nissan people carrier on its side in the inside lane with an A frame hanging off of the towball and three policeman sweeping up the caravan with dodgy stripes which was in about 3 million pieces. The best bit was the wife and 2 kids looking fine and dandy as the paramedic mopped the blood from the drivers head and placed a neck brace on him. Just for once the only injury was the berk that deserved it.
Richard - I totally agree with you feelings on this matter.

TRENDING THREADS