Hot plate griddle or George Forman grill?

Jun 26, 2017
Visit site
What are your recommendations please?
I've been checking online and both the terayaki hot plate and George Forman have good reviews,
But I'm new to caravaning so would appreciate your advice.
Thank you x

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
We just use the Cadac outside and the oven and hob in the caravan. Can't think of anytime that hasn't been enough even when helping with catering on rallies.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Like martin , cadac for BBQ'ing and we bought a hot plate from B&Ms which is like a large hot plate but plugs into the mains for £25ish great and easy to clean.

Craig.

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
Cadac for us too - we have just been away for a few days and cooked full english breakfasts, chicken fajitas, pancakes plus the usual BBQ food like burgers and sausages.
I have even done Sunday roast chicken dinner on the cadac too.
A lot of people like the teriyaki hot plates as I see lots of folk with them on sites we have visited and they are much cheaper than a cadac so might be good to start with ?

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Have a look at Vonshefs website. We have recently bought a Teppanyaki grill we can do breakfast for 3 of us in one go . its flat ,takes up little room and also very easy to clean. Thoroughly recommend it .
Sir Roger

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Cadac again :cheer:
SWMBO bought a GF. Used it once, now In the loft :)
When on a limited EHU site you can use a gas appliance with ease. Not so with GF.
Also the Cadac is used by us as a oven as well. Brilliant :cheer:

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
I swithered between GF grill, cadac and terenyaki types.

I thought I had it down to the terenyaki (for ease of cleaning mostly), I'm sure the Cadac users can clean a Cadac in jig-time (good on them).

I conveyed my 'wise' decision to Mrs Anseo and she said NO "just get me a twin hob electric plate" (like Craigyoung mentioned) for use outside the caravan.

I cannot disagree with her expert choice (she is the one who does the cooking -and wonderfully at that).

Guess what I will be buying ? :blush:

Best ask the end user then :lol:

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Cadac for me.

The problem with some of the electric grills is that on some sites, especially abroad, they may use too much power and trip your connection.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Now there is just the 2 of us we use a cadac safari but also have a small GF , the later cost £12 from Amazon and is great for just doing a couple of items quickly. So quite handy to have in the van.

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
AdifferentJim said:
Cadac for me.

The problem with some of the electric grills is that on some sites, especially abroad, they may use too much power and trip your connection.
Right on, Jim! Frying pan on the gas for me, and if outside I have a little portable gas hob in a case, the type that runs on throw-away cylinders.
Handy if you run out of gas too.
Cadac and that ilk are too bulky for us, especially in the camper van..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts