Hot water loss of pressure

Jun 13, 2005
Visit site
Hi All,

Can anyone help/suggest a solution to my problem, I have a eldiss odyssy 534 caravan, and after priming the water system, after approx 30mins I lose hot water pressure and prim the hot water system all over again.

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
what does the water plug look like that you plug in to the caravan.if it is square which most are then there is a diaphram valve inside which needs replacing at a cost of about

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Bill

I assume you have a Carver Cascade Mk2 water heater. With this heater it is essential to make sure the water system is fully drained during winter. Any water in the system can freeze and can damage the non-return valve on the cold water inlet to the heater.

The classic symptom is the cold water flow through taps is fine, but the hot water is restricted. If this is what you have got then the Heaters NRV has become jammed partially open.

I also suspect that you have another NRV usually on the pump inlet, and it is possible that this has also suffered.

This allows the content of the hot water heater to run back through cold inlet pipes. One way to tell is if the heater has been on for 30 min or so check the hose on the pump. If it is warm then it almost certainly confirms the above description.

The solution is to repair or replace the NRV's in both the pump inlet and the cold water inlet on the heater.

A word of warning. If you cannot access the NRV on the heater without breaking the gas feed to it , you must use a competent person to remove the and refit the heater to comply with UK laws and your insurance cover.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts