hot water problems

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi,

Since we bought our 2007 swift charisma we have had a flow problem with the hot water in the van. It does not flow for more than a couple of seconds before it starts spitting. It seems if there is a blockeage in the pipe. But on odd occasions it will flow normally for upto 10 seconds before starting to spit again.

anyone any ideas

Regards Steve

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
We have had similar, albeit intermittent, problems with our 2007 Swift Charisma.

Last time out in February half term we couldn't get the hot water to work at all on electricity.

Due to go back into dealers next week to have a look at and hopefully fix the problem.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
has your van got an internal pump, if it has they have had problems with air being drawn in from the small filter on the end of the pump, the spluttering is air in the pipes

if you have an external pump then it could be the housing on the van,known to split or some of the push fit connections the pipe is not cut at 90 degrees to the pipe and this causes air to be drawn in

Feb 15, 2009
Visit site
Steve sound like air in hotwater system i have 07 charisma 555 when i first fillup my hotwater tank i open the hot tap as i fillup until water runs fast(sputters a bit then runs o.k.) then shut off tap only takes a few minutes never had your problems this might help good luck

cheers Duggie

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts