Nov 25, 2007
Visit site
Hello All

We have a new Bailey Ranger 500/5 (first caravan) and wondered if anyone could tell us how much hot water we can expect at one time, ie would there be enough to have a shower?

Thanks

Margaret

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Margaret, the Truma Ultrastore will supply you with 10 litres of hot water.

Showering in the van needs a different approach from normal domestic showers. You have to get wet, turn the shower off while you soap up, then rinse.

There is not enough water to have a fully on shower for any length of time, and you have the problem of someone filling the aquaroll up , and disposing of the waste water.

If you are on a site with facilities,. it makes sense to use them.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Although the Ultrastore only holds 10 litres, by using electric (fixed 70 degrees) or gas on max of 70 degrees, you'll get about 20 litres by mixing the cold to get about 40 degrees at the shower.

In reality I find caravan showers so restrictive in space and limited in water that we either use on-site facilities or just have a strip wash.

Nov 28, 2007
Visit site
I always fill the aquaroll before bedtime so that there is plenty of water for my wife to have her shower as she is not keen on using the site facilities. Just shut off the water whilst soaping yourself. If you want to have a succession of showers then turn on the gas as well as the electric to heat up the tank a bit quicker.

We have never had a problem with running out of hot water, even when I decide to shower in the van as well, although I generally use the site facilites to save lugging water.

Mar 23, 2008
Visit site
My wife and I both dislike using 'On Site' shower arrangements especially when it's cold and raining. Unfortunately, the Carver 9 litre, gas only, storage water heater, fitted in our van, is unable to give us both a decent shower in quick succession. However, I notice that Morco now supply a Room Sealed instant gas water heater [Morco F-11E] which would supply constant hot water and is similar to those units fitted in static caravans. With the advent of the 'Super Pitch' [ie electric, mains water and sewage disposal on the pitch] the F-11E would be the answer to the cold shower problem. The F-11E is 'Room Sealed' drawing air, for combustion, from outside the van and if properly fitted and maintained no propane or carbon monoxide should ever leak into the van. A variety of flue configurations are available. The maximum propane consumption is 1.7 KG per hour and is capable of supplying up to 5 1/2 litres of water per minute at 50 deg C., temperature and flow are both adjustable. The F-11E requires a 240 volt supply that can be mains or can use a 50 watt 12/240 inverter. The minimum water pressure required is only 0'18 Bar [3 psi] so well within the capability of a good 12 volt pump. Morco offer this unit to cover a wide range of uses, home, boats, caravans and motorhomes etc. It would, of course, be necessary to keep the old Carver for use on non Super Pitch sites. Apart from the price,

Mar 23, 2008
Visit site
My wife and I both dislike using 'On Site' shower arrangements especially when it's cold and raining. Unfortunately, the Carver 9 litre, gas only, storage water heater, fitted in our van, is unable to give us both a decent shower in quick succession. However, I notice that Morco now supply a Room Sealed instant gas water heater [Morco F-11E] which would supply constant hot water and is similar to those units fitted in static caravans. With the advent of the 'Super Pitch' [ie electric, mains water and sewage disposal on the pitch] the F-11E would be the answer to the cold shower problem. The F-11E is 'Room Sealed' drawing air, for combustion, from outside the van and if properly fitted and maintained no propane or carbon monoxide should ever leak into the van. A variety of flue configurations are available. The maximum propane consumption is 1.7 KG per hour and is capable of supplying up to 5 1/2 litres of water per minute at 50 deg C., temperature and flow are both adjustable. The F-11E requires a 240 volt supply that can be mains or can use a 50 watt 12/240 inverter. The minimum water pressure required is only 0'18 Bar [3 psi] so well within the capability of a good 12 volt pump. Morco offer this unit to cover a wide range of uses, home, boats, caravans and motorhomes etc. It would, of course, be necessary to keep the old Carver for use on non Super Pitch sites. Apart from the price,

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Serviced pitches have full-time water and grey waste disposal but I never heard of one with toilet connection - most caravan's aren't equipped to benefit although some motorhomes are.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts