Hot Water

Sep 30, 2019
Visit site
I have recently downsized and bought a 2001 Abbey Iona Vogue in a private sale. All the services were shown working. Before we went away for a few days I decided that the kitchen tap needed to be replaced as the spout would not swivel so I replaced it with a similar Whale Elite micro switched tap. Out came the sink, disconnected the supplies, in with the new, reconnect and replace the sink.
Whilst we were away I noticed that the hot water side always spluttered and needed time to re fill. The cold side was ok. When I disconnected the external pump hot water dripped out of the water pump connection.
My thought is if air is getting in water ought to come out when under pressure. Any body have any suggestions what to look for before I start taking things apart. Many thanks

Dec 11, 2021
Visit site
I have recently downsized and bought a 2001 Abbey Iona Vogue in a private sale. All the services were shown working. Before we went away for a few days I decided that the kitchen tap needed to be replaced as the spout would not swivel so I replaced it with a similar Whale Elite micro switched tap. Out came the sink, disconnected the supplies, in with the new, reconnect and replace the sink.
Whilst we were away I noticed that the hot water side always spluttered and needed time to re fill. The cold side was ok. When I disconnected the external pump hot water dripped out of the water pump connection.
My thought is if air is getting in water ought to come out when under pressure. Any body have any suggestions what to look for before I start taking things apart. Many thanks
How do you remove the sink fasteners please to lift out the sink?I have just bought a 2001 model.Also I have a leak in the sink down pipe .do I need to disconnect fridge gas to access the area where the pipe is.Also a leak in the bathroom vanity due pipe unattached internally in the vanity.help please.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The water heater has a non return valve fitted to its cold water inlet pipe. Its job is to stop exactly what your experiencing.

With regards the sink outlet problem, Unless someone has had the same problem with the same model its difficult to know if the fridge needs to be removed or not. You might be able to reach the down pipe from the fridge vents in the side of the caravan.

If it turns out you do need to remove teh fridge then the fact it needs a gas connection to be undone, there are safety rules about making and breaking gas pipe joints. you wold be wise to refer job to a professional.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts