Hotel's v's Caravans

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
So many times I have heard caravans being mocked for all sorts of illogical reason's, often by' celebrity types 'with more money than sense. Just last week one of the well known names added the throw away line, 'why not just stay in an hotel?' while they were having a chuckle about us.

Well I've just seen a programme on the TV about the hygiene standards in three or four of the top hotels in London. To see how the cleaner's (mostly foreigner's) sorted out the dirty bedlinen, the cup's in the room's, toilet bowls etc etc was reason enough for me to always use a van over the hotel. It is something I alway's suspected, but to see it on camera is an eye opener! The best bit is, that the sort of bod who can afford these room's is the very same type that earn's that sort of dosh on the TV/radio having a pop at us. Last week one of them thought it hilarious that we empty our own poo - while they are using sink's in their room's that have been cleaned with a used toilet brush!! Excellent!!

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I saw the programme, and omg,,,it was stomach turning.

I certainly do not like the idea of cups and glasses being washed with the same sponge as just cleaned the toilet!!!

As for the bedding,well,who knows what one may contract from sleeping in that filth,and in bedclothes with several other persons blood on them.

Still, they always say "The Filthy Rich",,,,,they are welcome to it, dirt and all.

I will keep my caravan and know how well it is cleaned and stay in good health thank you.

Mar 15, 2006
Visit site
My hubby

Always said I was fusy for not having a coffee in the room.

I have to go away with work and I never have a cup of coffee in the room I always wait until I go down for breakfast, but am I doing in the right thing there? Did the mice get in before me?

Allyson

Aug 25, 2006
Visit site
Good friend of mine wanted to buy a reasonable tourer to see if they liked it before getting a new one. His other half wouldn`t wear it, "I`m not sleeping in a bed that strangers have slept in".

So they didn`t bother, and stop in hotels now.

DOH!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts