House Purchase-Big Whinge

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
JonnyG said:
Gagakev said:
Some good news and some bad news just to update you.
Son has had an offer on his property today, cash buyer.
Bad news the house he was buying went back on the market for £5k more than his first accepted offer.

Now Johnny if that aint a mugging I dont know what is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!I am amazed the price has gone up when we are being told that nothing is seling. clearly the buyer feels he can get more!Nothing wrong with that.
Mugging? No. EVERYBODY would want to get as much as they could for their house, car,and cararavan.!

Johnny I dont see your logic in this one, they accepted a good price to start with, in actual fact the initial asking price was met bang on the nose. He liked the house and didnt want to risk losing it, hense the full offer.
Yes I agree "everybody would want to get as much as they could" but that was done in the first instance,and now it has turned into being a RIP OFF.
OK so now you say well he does'nt have to buy it!!
But if he never got let down in the first place, by a mugger/fraudster/rip off merchant/or what ever you want/donot want to call him, he would not have been in this situation in the first place.
Any way I'm off soon so I'll catch up when i come back

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
All I will say is that if he wants to follow me around the forum making infantile posts then I will respond. If they are deleted then tough but I should have a right of reply. Then again he has a past history of getting posts/topics deleted. As I posted above that by changing ones nic doesn't change ones attitude and yes, it's starting again. At no time have I responded to any of his posts only after he singled me out despite others making the same comments as myself.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Lord Braykewynde said:
Dustydog said:
Lord Braykewynde said:
You make and agree a deal and at the last minute you pull out causing the buyer/seller hundreds, if not thousands of pounds, and Gio says "there's nothing wrong with that".
Well my reply to Gio is that people with your attitude and selfish, greedy outlook is all that's bad about Britain. I just hope and pray that you get ripped off thousands. Just don't forget to tell us though so we can gloat
smiley-laughing.gif
LB
I can sell you a super duper home made effergy of Gio for £100.
You will have to provide your own pins
smiley-laughing.gif

I don't need pins, I've got a couple of sets of darts I no longer use
smiley-laughing.gif

Well, I've cut the grass DD so it's time to be away again on Sunday. Missus has been busy going around the houses selling the clothes pegs I've whittled to pay for the site fees
smiley-laughing.gif

I hope your FIL is ok now and is home and feeling somewhat better.
Well you're doing better than me. My old faithful 23 year old Briggs & Stratton powered mower refused to start last week.I finally got it going but it desparately needs a new spark plug ,de coke and air filter. It runs well without the filter
smiley-laughing.gif
.I now need a new arm and shoulder.

Thanks for asking about FIL. We see the surgeons tomorrow and will hopefully get the full prognosis. Somehow I don't think we will be doing Devon and Cornwall at the end of the month. He hasn't been able to go out of his own house yet.
I've fixed the bunged up pond pump, bought twelve new filter sponges for £90 on the internet, half the price of Hozelok/ Cyprio so at least the fish are ok. I'm watching for that greedy heron.
Enjoy your next travels and beware of flies and other things that bite unless the it's neck of course
smiley-wink.gif

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I think i need to put everything in plain English for those hard of understanding.
Hands up all those with savings, pension and any sort of life or calataral
Been listening to the news today or yesterday? some retirement home group is in the Shite, and possibly 31000 old age pensioners could be with out a place to live! Thirty one thousand! Now that news, government says it doesn't want to know! Well its not a bank is it and of course the Tories arnt renowned for being compassionate.Problem is they are so much in the shite that sooner or later somebody will have to step in. Rumours are its the tip of the iceberg
Somebody said i was selfish! Thats funny really funny but hell will freeze over before I fall victim to anybody.So some have a long long wait.
What this got to do with the topic in question? Well over the last quarter of a century if you missed it, we have become a society driven by money and personnel wealth ,regardless.
Now i hear voices saying speak for your self, well anybody hear with a private pension ever cared about how the money grows, does anybody really care how any of their investment grow? At whoms expense isnt given a second thought, but when its something directly on your doorstep, then all hell beaks loose!
House prices have grown in the quarter of a century at an almighty rate. I have never herd anyone complain that their house is worth too much! This is the society we live in, don't see it changing much, but I don't like it, can do nothing about it, but point out things that some don't want to be reminded of or don't like.

I could take the easy option and be totally sympathetic and agree profusely,just to come across as a nice chappie.But then i might believe what I said myself!
I tell it how I see it, and am more than happy to read how others see it regardless of alternative views.

I thank the topic starter for being able to aire differing views without childish remarks, and indeed i have sympathy with anyone trying to get on the house market in these crap times..
Regards Gio

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
OK, Quick update.
After being let down the first time, an offer was made a few days later, which, then yes you guessed it they pulled out a few weeks later, then another offer from a single person and yes you have guessed right again they pulled out, so the last offer a few weeks ago took place and guess what THEY MOVED HOUSE TODAY. Just guess they are quite lucky as the final purchaser used the same solicitor as the first one so all the legalities were all in place and my son didnt in the end lose out, Good news, now the bad news
Ive got to start a major refurb and decorating programme!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts