How are you coping with this weather .......

May 15, 2005
Visit site
I'm off to Lake District next weekend and hoping that this servere wet weather will end, before then.

How have you got on during this weather?

How many of you have still been away caravanning?

What condition have the sites been like?

Nov 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi Andrew, We are just bank from a week holiday, the site was lovely the weather was terrible. Everywhere was mucky but we where very lucky we managed to put the caravan on the grass and the awning on the paved area. Even though the weather was bad we knew we had to get out and make the most of our holiday so coats and wellies was the chosen outfits for the week.

We even had a thunder storm (first time for us in caravan) kids got abit scared but it was exciting to watch.

Many regards Keith & Jenny

Nov 1, 2005
Visit site
I'm just back from Marton Mere where the weather was lovely. We'd thunder one night, either Monday or Tuesday, and the rest of the time was sunny and warm.

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
We should be in devon right now, and decided this morning not

to bother even though we have paid for 2 weeks......

Cowardly i know, we have booked 9 days on lake garda and

drive out tomorrow, no caravan attached.. sorry

Feb 26, 2007
Visit site
Giovanni,

Don't be sorry.I'm sure there are a lot of envious people out there who would love to be coming with you to such a beautiful area.What a disastrous summer it has been .

Maureen

Jul 15, 2006
Visit site
We've just got home from St Ives in Cornwall and we've had fabulous weather, sunshine every day, a little bit of rain one day and some rain through the night. Someone else on the site had been there for 5 weeks and last week was the first time they'd been able to sit out so I guess we've been lucky. passed through the midlands on the way home and the fields we're full of water. We stayed overnight at a CC site near Birmingham last night and it was very quiet.

Apr 3, 2007
Visit site
We have been away in the caravan the past 2 weekends 1 to Kirby longsdale & then Bolton le sands, although we did have some rain both times we got sunburnt aswell

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi All

we are due to go to France in 3 weeks and cant wait, hoping for some sunshine.

Take a look at the BBC webb page attached to Google, click on the Worcester pics and look at number 6, my heart goes out to those poor caravaners!!!!

Maddy

Nov 9, 2005
Visit site
up here in the north west weve had rain and so have the lakes a hour away,we are off to newquay on friday and i have to say if it rains all two weeks im going to be pretty peed off

May 12, 2005
Visit site
Andrew,

We`ve had a bit of heavy rain here in the lakes, but we`ve had our share of sun aswell. I live in the South Lakes,

no floods reported roads are clear( apart from tourists)

Where are you going to????

Tony A.

May 25, 2005
Visit site
We are off to Wharfdale (CC site) on Sunday! It is sure to rain again. Has done every time we left the drive this year!!! However, I am topping up my tan at the moment doing a bit of gardening (with the odd slurp of wine or two!). Tomorrow I will wonder who put in the curvy borders!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts