How busy are sites?

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Just come back from a temporary holiday site in north wales. Lovely field with loos and showers and EHU, albeit 6 amps. All for £12 a night. 8 units when we arrived and then down to 2. Apparently quiet for the duration. Week before we were in Derbyshire and although weekend was busy weekdays were very quiet. Next to the north wales site is a CL with EHU. One unit only. Other CL/CS owners report ho quiet it is. One of the CMC's centres has cancelled its bank holiday rally because of insufficient numbers.It's worrying because if the land owners are taking in cash they will stop offering the service. Anyone got any ideas what is going on?

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
In my case it might have something to do with paying £23.00 a night plus 50p for a shower to stay on a small adults only site behind a cottage in a paddock, like they say once bitten,

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
camel said:
In my case it might have something to do with paying £23.00 a night plus 50p for a shower to stay on a small adults only site behind a cottage in a paddock, like they say once bitten,

Surely you knew the price and site details before booking?

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Did not know about the 50p surcharge for a shower plus I had never been to the site before and I certainly don't read any reviews on sites I visit , botton line is just not worth £23.00 a night ,

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
camel said:
Did not know about the 50p surcharge for a shower plus I had never been to the site before and I certainly don't read any reviews on sites I visit , botton line is just not worth £23.00 a night ,

We never stay anywhere without checking UK Campsite web site. And yes for years we have contributed. IMO most who post on this site are ardent dye in the heart caravanners.
I can think of two CLs around the UK for £20 a night give you a fully serviced pitch with 16 amp.
Not sure about the reduction in users? Last week our small site at Telford was fully occupied every day, 10 pitches, all fully serviced. £20 a night.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
What really hacks me off, is paying another £2.50 for an awning and even worse £xx for a dog, either if is a heavy Retriever or a Pug, when they supply no dog walk or Dog poo stations, or bags.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Well,total opposite from me.We went to the same site at the same time of year(school summer holidays)and the site was rammed full compared to last year,tenters and caravans.Now this was an all singing all dancing site,pool,bar,evening entertainment etc...

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Brasso530 said:
Well,total opposite from me.We went to the same site at the same time of year(school summer holidays)and the site was rammed full compared to last year,tenters and caravans.Now this was an all singing all dancing site,pool,bar,evening entertainment etc...

Sorry been there done the kids, grand parent going daft, . We stay at home at school holidays. Nothing against Rugrats, Really.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
My eldest is getting to the point now of not wanting to come away,he would rather work or stay at friends,no problem,means my daughter can bring a friend.When it's just me and the wife,we'll start using cl or smaller sites,as we don't require all the trappings of 21st century living,can always get signal/wifi at some point no matter where you are these days.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
My wife, daughter and granddaughter are in Scotland this week. I was secretly hoping we could cancel a week in the caravan Pembroke in a weeks time, but both my wife and 14 year old are keen to go. Drat.

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Thats another thing that hacks me off, abvance bookings when you don't have to psy a deposit then a week before you are due to ho you decide to cancel,

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Given the weather the fact that there are people at all in many places shows how hardy we are. We were to be away this weekend but with the forecast for winds over 30 mph or even 40 mph whatever route we chose we did not feel it was safe and had to cancel. This could be the worst year we have had for weather and that must affect bookings.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts