How can I check?

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Dustydog said:
Since I was 16 with motor bikes I knew when a battery was duff B)
Now, where is all this degree level physics class taking me.
I’m out of this rubbish. Get a life :woohoo: :whistle: :whistle:

I absolutely agree with you.

There is one thing with Forums which is bordering on the insane, why make a simple problem into a marathon of who knows the most technical jargon to confuse even the best person and make a simple job into one which needs other people with reams of "qualifications" to answer.

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I used an 85 amp battery for probably 6 + years to operate first a power touch heavy duty mover then kept the battery when I changed the van and used it to operate a truma, the battery wasn’t new when I first used it so I’ve no idea of its age, I’d more or less let it go completely flat during the winter then I’d recharge it with a ctek charger in recond mode, there were a number of times where I’d start charging and it would cut out due to battery being totally flat, after restarting the charger several times it would eventually recharge and it would go back on the van and operate the mover perfectly well, the 1 time I had problems with my truma mover I had it checked by truma after I’d tried what I thought was everything else and they said it was perfectly ok, I fitted new terminals on the main battery leads and the problem was solved for less than a fiver, I’m still using and abusing the 85 amp battery and it’s still running the mover, it’s often the simple things that are overlooked when something goes wrong.

BP

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
In the context of this thread. .......why are batteries being discussed?

The OP states that his mover works well after he has been on a site with EHU.
He has a problem when he has been off grid on a site so most likely the solar panel has failed to sufficiently charge the battery.
My experience is that off girders need a very good battery monitoring system to keep track of the charge available.
To this end I have fitted a digital battery voltage meter which has a display updated every 5 seconds.
To answer the OP's question. ......that is how I keep a check!! ;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts