How do they do it?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Some sites make a point of advising of tight access and pitches thats nothing to the access on some peoples drives!

I spend a bit of time driving for business and I am always amazed at the spots people manage to get their vans in when parked putside their houses! Get to the top of the narrowest, steepest road and theres a house with a van on the drive, steep drives with a 90 degree angle half way down- there's a van parked at the bottom! Major road with no let up in traffic- there's a van reversed into a drive- HOW DO THEY DO IT! respect is due!

Also yesterday my navigation took me across a fairly rough part of bradford and amongst the run down houses and abandoned cars was an old, well cared for Pageant and Vectra. Living in a leafy part of Cambridgeshire as I do, you forget that caravans offer some people a great escape from the urban environment they live in. Good on them- I am sure they love getting away to some peace and quiet and the van looked like their pride and joy!

Have a great day everyone!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I suppose Paul its practice makes perfect(well try to)

I live on a busy road and reverse my van on,its a case of see a gap in the traffic and fill it,once your out there it all stops allthough some drivers do try and come round you when you are half way onto your drive.Takes allsorts i suppose

Paul

Oct 3, 2005
Visit site
We also live on a very busy main road right next to a roundabout and main trunk road to chester, but I supppose you just get used to the traffic, we pull out when there's a safe enough gap, the traffic usually has to slow down or stop, it can't do anything else really, you get the odd rude driver but generally they give you space to manoeuvre. The van just fits between the house and fence with about six inches to spare all round, so it can be quite hairy when we are parking it up!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts