How do you fill yours?

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Before March this year we had an older Lunar Clubman with a Thetford C2 in the toilet compartment.

Nearby was was the shower head.

We never used the spare toilet roll holder that is in the top surface of the toilet so I removed it and drilled holes in the bottom before replacing it.

After connecting the Aqua roll after arrival on site I would put a pint or two in the flush tank by using the shower head into the spare roll holder.

That would usually get us over until at least the following morning.

We each have a shower in the morning and whilst waiting for the shower spray to become hot we would direct the flow into the spare roll holder thus topping up the flush tank.
It would otherwise just have drained away in the shower tray.

That way it saves wasting the water during the shower warm up period.

If someday the flush became empty ( not likely using our frequent top up method ) we would just top up from the shower head into the roll holder.

I have yet to come across a similar water efficient method on our 'new' caravan fitted with a C200.

Colin

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Gagakev said:
Unbelievable!!

A Practical Caravan test editor using a petrol can for the flush tank, taken from his blog;
My only worry now is that I inadvertently mix it up with the couple of identical cans I keep in the garage, both of which contain five litres of unleaded petrol...

Please make sure you don't pitch up next to me.

Reminds me of the post a couple of months ago when the trolley jack was put there for " photographic purposes" only!!

These articles should not even have been published, have you forgotten there are newbies to the caravan world and they may take your "advice" seriously, In my opinion you are not setting a very good example. Two major flaws!! In two months!!
Are your articles not proof read by some one with proper experience ????

Oh and by the way I use a white water container with a screw in spout to pour with.

Use of a petrol can :silly: :eek:hmy:
The ring of fire springs to mind especially with Kev's roll ups.
But why should Lady Mags have a hot seat? :p
Stick to the watering cans. I agree with Kev :evil:

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Dustydog said:
Gagakev said:
Unbelievable!!

A Practical Caravan test editor using a petrol can for the flush tank, taken from his blog;
My only worry now is that I inadvertently mix it up with the couple of identical cans I keep in the garage, both of which contain five litres of unleaded petrol...

Please make sure you don't pitch up next to me.

Reminds me of the post a couple of months ago when the trolley jack was put there for " photographic purposes" only!!

These articles should not even have been published, have you forgotten there are newbies to the caravan world and they may take your "advice" seriously, In my opinion you are not setting a very good example. Two major flaws!! In two months!!
Are your articles not proof read by some one with proper experience ????

Oh and by the way I use a white water container with a screw in spout to pour with.

Use of a petrol can :silly: :eek:hmy:
The ring of fire springs to mind especially with Kev's roll ups.
But why should Lady Mags have a hot seat? :p
Stick to the watering cans. I agree with Kev :evil:

Glad we dont actually smoke in the van

"BOOM"

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
SirRogerFFS said:
I use a 5 ltr water container with screw cap filling is easy just tip container up in right position and hey presto full flush tank.The watering can idea is good, but ive always carried a 5ltr water container so why do I want to carry another item. Each to his own .Kevin as you are a toilet woosie why dont you carry your beer around in the flush tank.Press the button and fill your glass . :whistle:
Sir Roger .[/quote

Only from you Sir Roger...............................silly idea!!!!!! :silly:
We still use it for a wee wee :p

Mar 13, 2007
Visit site
cheap watering can from supermarket kept in front locker, mix fluid in can pour in, job done, also can be used to fill radiator and wash bottle of car and with "rose on" rinse van after washing.
multi purpose tool what more would one want,

Feb 26, 2008
Visit site
If your Aquaroll is plumbed into the nearby tap and the hose end has a push-fit 'Stop' connector, simply remove this from the Aquaroll and attach an equivalent trigger nozzle to the pipe to fill the water tank. Alternatively recycle an old Pink or Blue chemical bottle which may well have a longish neck with which to top up your flushing tank - might take up to five 2 ltr bottles worth and you can add as much 'Pink' as you like.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts