How do you keep a toddler in bed??

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
I have a side dinette which converts to two bunks. Our elder daughter uses the top bunk and last year we had a young baby in a secured basket on the bottom bunk. Unsurprisingly, we now have toddler rather than a baby and like them all, she does't stay still. I really want her to be safe and secure in the lower bunk but how do we keep her in??

Has anyone tried the bed guard type of things in a caravan bunk? Perhaps some other wood work screwed in place might serve the purpose, although I'm not keen on that. Any ideas are gratefully received.

Thanks all

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
How old ois your toddler?
Our Granddaughter has slept in our bottom bunk bed, and not been a problem. She is 2 1/2 and sleeps in a full sized single bed at home. You coould always put a couple of cushions on the floor, to put your own mind at rest.

Les

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
we used to take a bed guard, the type that has legs that slide under the mattress.It does not look pretty in the van but it works when you slide the legs under the seat cushions. We also placed a cushion at each end for added security .

The little one will be fine.

My youngest is 4 and has slept without the guard on the middle bunk ( we have 3 fixed) and has not fallen out yet, well not accidentally, he did fall out last year but was pushed by his big sister.
smiley-laughing.gif

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
We have used bed guards with the legs to go under cushion with cushion on the floor just in case. The other thing we used in our last van (was fixed bunks) was Bunk Safety Net - there were 2 straps which you fixed to the upper bunk and had two clips to tighten - there was enough room to look in to our little boy but not enough for him to climb out!!

May 8, 2009
Visit site
Mick, just had a look to see if Lidl are doing them battery chargers and noticed that they have a folding bed rail on offer from Thursday priced at £14.99.
hope this helps.................

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts