How Far

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
In this months mag, pg 53 Touring on one tank, What the site owners say. Keith Bretton from Chew Valley says, they have plenty visitors from Bristol just 9 miles away. So, not counting overnights at a near site to test and familiarize yourself with a new van, whats the nearest you have had a stay at a site? My nearest is 32 miles, I think 9 miles is just too near to home for an overnight stay. Ofcourse there may be acceptions like having a flood, fire at home etc.

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Three miles up the road, on a CS behind a pub. Great food, a few pints, and home only 50 yards away. We do it quite often, if we've nothing else on.
Oh, and we don't get charged for the night's stay!

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
We do within about 30 miles for weekends or holidays where swmbo has to go to work, that way she can be 10 mins from work while we're on holiday!!

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Three miles away at Lucksall CC site before it became a managed site. Stayed on there for over 2 months while our daughter and family stayed in our bungalow until their house was built. We had also used it before for weekends.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
3 nights 9 miles from home and less than a quarter of a mile from work, no one recongised me, cant go there now though our secretary's hubby is one of the securtiy staff!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
emmerson said:
Three miles up the road, on a CS behind a pub. Great food, a few pints, and home only 50 yards away. We do it quite often, if we've nothing else on.
Well, I did say excepting certain circumstances. Hope its Cask Ale and not fizzy Lager
smiley-laughing.gif

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lord Braykewynde said:
Three miles away at Lucksall CC site before it became a managed site. Stayed on there for over 2 months while our daughter and family stayed in our bungalow until their house was built. We had also used it before for weekends.
Yes, in those circumstances, I think I would stay closer to home.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Gagakev said:
3 nights 9 miles from home and less than a quarter of a mile from work, no one recongised me, cant go there now though our secretary's hubby is one of the securtiy staff!!
Thats propably my main reason not to spend any time close to home. If I met someone who I knew, they just wouldn't beleive I'm in my van just down the road.
smiley-embarassed.gif

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
We don't mind how close we are as on any camp site you could be anywhere
We just love being in our van. Plus not being at home you don't get sidetracked into those jobs hat can just wait.
Neil.

Jan 15, 2008
Visit site
Nearest many years ago was under 2 mile away when I arranged a 'rally' for about 20 vans.One person had not got burgers etc for a BBQ so set off on a search of a round trip of about 10 mile to get some.He was actually in his case only about a mile from home but felt he was 'away' and it never occured to him to traid the freezer at home.

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Bri said:
emmerson said:
Well, I did say excepting certain circumstances. Hope its Cask Ale and not fizzy Lager
smiley-laughing.gif

Oh no! only proper beer, with hops in it for me!
(or a drop of Scottish fluid)

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Six miles away for about 6 weeks when buying our present bungalow. On the day before the contracts were due to be exchanged, the person I was buying from could not complete the sale, His wife was in a home and his solicitor had obtained permisson from the courts to sell his wifes half of the bungalow but it turned out not to spende it
smiley-frown.gif
She was a ward of court or somthing or other. Solicitor had go back to court and apply to spend it. We decided to continue. We found storage for the furniture and booked a site telling them that the booking was open ended, they were happy with that, and exchanged the next day, took a risk, all's well now.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
The nearest site we have used was the C&CC site at Luss which is about 30 miles away. A very peaceful site if you just want to get away from it all.

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
We sometimes go to Blackland Lakes in Calne which is approximately 14 miles from home. Purely as its easy to get to from the storage site (approx 8 miles) and I like to fish! Very close to some close friends too which makes for good 'catch ups'

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Well, thank's for all your comments. I must admit, when we have had the van on the drive for cleaning or an early start, when I'm inside, it feels like another place.
smiley-laughing.gif

Bri

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts