How Long Can Puraclean Be left in

Jul 22, 2018
Visit site
Going up to the van today on its seasonal pitch, to get it ready for first weekend next week. Going to hook the water pipes back up and run some Puraclean into the pipes.
I`m wondering if it will be safe to leave in till Friday afternoon?
The instructions say up to 12 hours I think. Anyone know if theres anything corrosive in it that would harm the inside of the pipes if I leave it in this long?
As ever thanks in advance

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Going up to the van today on its seasonal pitch, to get it ready for first weekend next week. Going to hook the water pipes back up and run some Puraclean into the pipes.
I`m wondering if it will be safe to leave in till Friday afternoon?
The instructions say up to 12 hours I think. Anyone know if theres anything corrosive in it that would harm the inside of the pipes if I leave it in this long?
As ever thanks in advance
I used to leave it in for no longer than 2 hours and we never had any issues even drinking water from the caravan sytem. If the instructions say 12 hours it’s because any longer may affect materials in the water heater and system.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Just did a quick Google and could find no more the the “up to 12 hours”. But I did find two associated topics. One was to say that Puricean will damage water filters. The other to say that Milton can be harmful. Though many use it.

Personally I would think if it was OK for 12 then it would be alright for longer. I only do 1 - 2 hours then a good flush. We dont drink the water, but always notice that you can smell the puricean when the water is heated for a few days, particularly when having a shower.

John

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Just did a quick Google and could find no more the the “up to 12 hours”. But I did find two associated topics. One was to say that Puricean will damage water filters. The other to say that Milton can be harmful. Though many use it.

Personally I would think if it was OK for 12 then it would be alright for longer. I only do 1 - 2 hours then a good flush. We dont drink the water, but always notice that you can smell the puricean when the water is heated for a few days, particularly when having a shower.

John
I find it difficult to understand why if the makers say "no more than 12 hours" someone would leave it in longer. It may well be that the makers are being cautious but why not take their advice? But like you I and many others rarely exceed 1-2 hours and suffer no ill effects, even when using the caravan water supply for drinking and food preparation.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I find it difficult to understand why if the makers say "no more than 12 hours" someone would leave it in longer. It may well be that the makers are being cautious but why not take their advice? But like you I and many others rarely exceed 1-2 hours and suffer no ill effects, even when using the caravan water supply for drinking and food preparation.

The safety sheet makes it sound more potent than the user instructions.

This sentance made me smile.

”Concentrations above pH 9 has a corrosive effect on fish”

John

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Took our caravan in for a service yesterday he going to do the pipes out 1 to 2 hours + with puraclean and then a good flush .

Sep 26, 2018
Visit site
When I had a boat, I'd leave it overnight (there were two 30 gallon stainless tanks) and then rinse the tanks twice over (so 120 gallons in total) Always worked really well... I've used it since 2005, and rate it highly.

As a tip, mix it up at home with hot water in a plastic container. It dissolves much better

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts