How many nights?

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
So how many nights have you had and have planned in your vans before the end of this year?
To make it fair, if your not shy, please can you state if you are working or retired . This is so Lord B does'nt run away with the title
he he
smiley-smile.gif

So i'm working and had 30 nights with 3 more planned for October (7 nights on canals in Sept which does'nt count).

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Hello Kev .
Done 32 nights so far this year and have to look at another break inOctober but not sure how many nights yet.
Sadly retired but enjoying life.
Sir Roger

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Hi Kev.We're retired, so it's perhaps a bit unfair, but so far we've had 102, and we've got 32 more planned, plus whatever extra ones just "happen" when we feel the urge! We haven't yet visited two of favourite sites this year, so that figure will certainly increase. I guess it'll probably be 140 by Christmas.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
emmerson said:
Hi Kev.We're retired, so it's perhaps a bit unfair, but so far we've had 102, and we've got 32 more planned, plus whatever extra ones just "happen" when we feel the urge! We haven't yet visited two of favourite sites this year, so that figure will certainly increase. I guess it'll probably be 140 by Christmas.

Hi emmerson partly the reason to keep it separate is to see how many nights I can look forward to when I eventually retire.
Oh my Giddy Aunt----------140----- good on you. (Better up my pension fund)
smiley-smile.gif

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Gagakev said:
So how many nights have you had and have planned in your vans before the end of this year?
To make it fair, if your not shy, please can you state if you are working or retired . This is so Lord B does'nt run away with the title
he he
smiley-smile.gif

So i'm working and had 30 nights with 3 more planned for October (7 nights on canals in Sept which does'nt count).

Hi new to the forum and my first post... It's a good question that got me thinking......

I just had a count up and it's 95 so far and 63 more to come and I work full time.
smiley-cool.gif

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site

Hi new to the forum and my first post... It's a good question that got me thinking......

I just had a count up and it's 95 so far and 63 more to come and I work full time.
smiley-cool.gif

[/quote]

Hi Steveo, welcome to the forum, and thanks for making me jealous on your first post.
smiley-frown.gif

I Need to ask for a pay rise tomorrow to keep up with the Joneses.
smiley-smile.gif

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
At a guess I think I will probably hit 160 - 170 unless I become a snowbird and overwinter in Spain. Mix of club sites, CS and CL and THS and almost as cheap as being at home. I've got to the stage that I feel uncomfortable in my house and prefer to have the freedom that the 'van gives me. Fortunately with modern communications I can still do a bit of work when away if I really need to. I can't understand some people who spend £15k plus on a caravan and then only use it for half a dozen nights a year.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Gee, wish I never started this topic.
2.gif

We are a bit resticted as the OH works in the Care sector and works every other weekend and I do the occasional saturday as and when demand dictates.

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Gagakev said:
Gee, wish I never started this topic.
2.gif

We are a bit resticted as the OH works in the Care sector and works every other weekend and I do the occasional saturday as and when demand dictates.

smiley-smile.gif
... Forgot to say... I'm single...
smiley-wink.gif

May 23, 2009
Visit site
Probably 80 nights. Would be more but daughter calls in to feed the cat and don't like to ask her to do more. When my partner came to live with me so did Oliver her cat.

I also run a small local social group (mainly singles) So that fills in some time with weekend hotel breaks, days out, meals, social evenings, cinema, walks etc.
If I was on my own I would be away another three weeks at least.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Surfer said:
You have to be ve4ry sad to count the number of nights away etc.
smiley-laughing.gif
We go on an ad hoc basis as and when we feel like it.

You did'nt say if you are retired, and my guess is you dont want to upset me even more!!!!!!
smiley-laughing.gif

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I can't keep up with Emmo because I've got the upkeep of Screwham Hall to consider and also the maids wages although I'm sure Emmo would give me a sub if the bank came calling.
By the end of the year our nights away will be 118 although we still have to take six weeks of them.
We are already talking about where to go next year
smiley-smile.gif

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I suppose this year has been a little different wit h the kids half term coming two weeks before Easter and then the Royal Wedding weekend after that, but by the end of October half term we will have completed 44 nights away this year (most of these crammed in April and May). Have six nights away in the Forest of Dean next week and a couple of weekends planned for Southport and Clitheroe.
You may have gathered that we are both currently working and looking enviously at the number of nights away others have said they have had now that they have retired.

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm glad I bested you in something, LB! The major problem with all this time away is that the grass in the paddock seems to grow twice as fast as anyone elses. When we were in Scotland a neighbour rang asking when we were due home. I said about two weeks, to which she replied "that's OK, only I've lost a couple of my children in the field!" It took all of one day tro cut back the undergrowth to make room for the Royale!

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
73 nights away so far.......more to come as retired.
Done away with the front lawn now and replaced with pea shingle.
It actually looks OK.....and does not become unkempt when away!

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Well Kev
We had a good start to the New Year down in Cornwall. All was going very well until Easter when SWMBO dad went down with Pancreatic Cancer which has now spread to his liver. No chance . Just a matter of time. So we do our bit up and down the M5 taking him to the new QE hospital for chemo.
Even a dog like me would find it hard to enjoy time awaay with what's going on.
We're helping them sell their 3 year old caravan, easier said than doen when MIL thinks she should get the same the price as the dealers forecourt!!

All of you use your caravans as much as you can and have a dam good time.
smiley-smile.gif

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Dustydog said:
Well Kev
We had a good start to the New Year down in Cornwall. All was going very well until Easter when SWMBO dad went down with Pancreatic Cancer which has now spread to his liver. No chance . Just a matter of time. So we do our bit up and down the M5 taking him to the new QE hospital for chemo.
Even a dog like me would find it hard to enjoy time awaay with what's going on.
We're helping them sell their 3 year old caravan, easier said than doen when MIL thinks she should get the same the price as the dealers forecourt!!

All of you use your caravans as much as you can and have a dam good time.
smiley-smile.gif

Well DD what can any one say, I'm so sad to read of your dilema, if you can call it that. You obviously have more important things to do with your time and all I can wish for is that all turns out for the better. My heart goes out to you and of course all of your family.
Lets just hope the van will be able to take you for walkies in the near future. Best wishes my friend.
Kev.

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
We only do week ends and i’m a warm weather caravaner (OK! Woosie, I know).

“How many nights” well…..once a year and I’m very happy

why I here you ask?

Because tonights the night

The old ones are the best
smiley-laughing.gif
smiley-laughing.gif
smiley-laughing.gif

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I'm not sure how many nights we've done this year so far but we're about to add another seven to however many it is because we're off in the morning for a week. Have a good Bank Holiday whatever you are doing, back next Tuesday
smiley-laughing.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts