How much discount for display model?

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
Another newbie takes to the road, if you found it stressful pulling away from the forecourt onto the main road for the 1st time it seems to me Martin you are going to be a hazzard until you get some miles under your belt !

Think you got a good deal there, money off and some freebies. Now go and enjoy.

Jul 9, 2001
Visit site
I also am a newish owner of a Series 7 Bretagne and my understanding is that the Bretagne demos did not have the upholstery upgrade so it would appear an honest mistake was made and the wrong van was put on the forecourt. From all the sites I have been to, all Champagnes have the upgrade and all the Bretagnes were std upholtery.

BTW when I got my van in Jan I paid (I think)

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
I also am a newish owner of a Series 7 Bretagne and my understanding is that the Bretagne demos did not have the upholstery upgrade so it would appear an honest mistake was made and the wrong van was put on the forecourt. From all the sites I have been to, all Champagnes have the upgrade and all the Bretagnes were std upholtery.

BTW when I got my van in Jan I paid (I think)

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Hi again Zafiral

Going off topic somewhat - did you check your nose weight by any chance?

Checked mine at the dealer on completion of handover and found it was over 100kg (2 gauges we tried only went up to 100) Only things fitted were 2 x 5kg BP gaslights and the battery. Checked with Bailey when I got home and it should be 67kg with nothing fitted. Removed the gas bottles and got it down to just below 80kg which is the limit for our car, a G Voyager (Used to drive a Zafira)

Had our motor mover fitted the next day so at Baileys recommendation I had the fitter put it behind the wheels instead of in front which is going to involve additional expense to re-fit the removed waste water outlets and wheel carrier further back. (But hopefully our dealers 'guilt trip' will be good for some of it!) Haven't re-weighed it yet as spare wheel not back on - will do it when it gets back next week...

Seems there is something amiss in that noseweights on a family van can be such that the manufacturer has to recommend fitting the motor mover at an alternate position to the one normally used.

Jul 9, 2001
Visit site
I was looking at the deal the other way round - I was comparing 08 ex demos across the country and all were similar prices (I was only looking at a cost to change so not sure of the real cost of the new van). As I was offered an unused van for

Jul 9, 2001
Visit site
I was looking at the deal the other way round - I was comparing 08 ex demos across the country and all were similar prices (I was only looking at a cost to change so not sure of the real cost of the new van). As I was offered an unused van for

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts