How to clean an awning

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
sorry to sound stupid, but I dont really know, we have never owned a caravan before and it came with the caravan. We are on a site with other seasonal pitch caravans and ours looks the same as others but I dont really know. I presume this makes a difference in how we clean it?

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Julie,

You can purchase specific products for cleaning awnings. I've seen them for sale in accessory shops plus you can buy from Towsure:

http://www.towsure.com/product/17195-Fenwicks_Awning_and_Gazebo_Cleaner
Never used this or any other cleaner myself so not sure about its effectiveness. I also remember reading that at least with some of the awning cleaners you will need to reproof your awning after cleaning, you can get that from Towsure as well if required.

Personally I have found that giving the awning a brush down with a hand brush when it's dry gets rid of most of the dirt. Any stuborn marks come off with a cloth and warm water (water only, no soap or detergent). The plastic mudskirt is easy to clean. I don't use my awning on a seasonal pitch so yours is probably going to need a bit more attention.

Aug 30, 2006
Visit site
Hello Julie.

If you look at this Isabella website .

http://www.isabella.net/uk/support/adviceinstructions/isabella-supporj.html
you will find that it says this about cleaning an awning .

FIRSTLY, DETERGENT OR CLEANING AGENTS MUST NOT BE USED.

Clean with plenty of pure water and a soft brush, the type used to clean your car is ideal. Spray water onto the canvas and loosen the dirt with the brush. Remove the dirt with a steady flow of water. Ideally this cleaning process should take place a couple of times a year and is easiest when the awning is erected. Exposed parts such as roof, sides and corners need careful attention. NEVER use spirit or polishes on the PVC windows. This advice applies to synthetic awnings only. The curtains supplied with Isabella awnings should be washed at 30

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
hi julie normal awnings can be cleaned with many products never use detergent seasonal awnings like some inaca or walkerawnings are acrylic can be put away wet and and do not fade cost a lot more but last longer if left up all year

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts