how to connect the 12v input with the electrical board of hobby wfb 495

Jun 9, 2021
Visit site
Hello experts,

I have the 12 v battery, I want to use this battery as a power supply for hobby rv, at first I connect the 12v battery to the plus eletrical supply 1 and supply 2, all the light works fine, however the refrigerator dose not work, so I want to know how to connect the 12v battery correctly with the electrical board. thanks for your help.

1623211988463.png

May 10, 2020
Visit site
Hello experts,

I have the 12 v battery, I want to use this battery as a power supply for hobby rv, at first I connect the 12v battery to the plus eletrical supply 1 and supply 2, all the light works fine, however the refrigerator dose not work, so I want to know how to connect the 12v battery correctly with the electrical board. thanks for your help.

View attachment 1695
Fridge runs only on gas or 240 volt. Except maybe the fridge controls.

Jun 9, 2021
Visit site
in the user-guide of RV, that said the fridge can call on 12 V, but I can not provide the ignition signal. is there any way to make it work ? thanks!

1623223912917.png

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
You could do some rewiring so the fridge works directly from the battery. But why would you want to, the battery will be dead in no time.

It is designed the way it is to keep the fridge cool while on the move when mains voltage is not possible and gas is not practical.

John

May 10, 2020
Visit site
Can’t remember now but pin 9 or pin 13 is connected to the vehicle battery via a car. (Voltage sensing relay) disconnects car battery from the fridge when the engine is switched off and connects when engine running. Google vsr relays

Jun 9, 2021
Visit site
You could do some rewiring so the fridge works directly from the battery. But why would you want to, the battery will be dead in no time.

It is designed the way it is to keep the fridge cool while on the move when mains voltage is not possible and gas is not practical.

John
my battery has 2000 wh, and I only drive out at weekend, so the battery will be fine for me , it can provide 70 hour for fridge to keep cool , and 3 hour for freezing.

anyone know how to wire the cable ?

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
my battery has 2000 wh, and I only drive out at weekend, so the battery will be fine for me , it can provide 70 hour for fridge to keep cool , and 3 hour for freezing.

A small Dometic takes about 3.3 amp or 40 watts on 12 volt. With your massive 150 A/H plus battery. I get 50 hours tops. I don’t think there is any thermostatic control on 12 volt, therefore the draw is continuous.

That makes three assumptions.

• You don't mind your battery going so flat it may not recover.
  • You battery is new and still manages top storage.
  • You do not use lights, TV etc.
Wiring would not be difficult. Take a live from the battery to the trailer input (pin 6 for 12s, pin 10 for 13 pin). Via a switch and 5 amp fuse.

But I would not do it.

John

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2021
Visit site
A small Dometic takes about 3.3 amp or 40 watts on 12 volt. With your massive 150 A/H plus battery. I get 50 hours tops. I don’t think there is any thermostatic control on 12 volt, therefore the draw is continuous.

That makes three assumptions.

• You don't mind your battery going so flat it may not recover.
  • You battery is new and still manages top storage.
  • You do not use lights, TV etc.
Wiring would not be difficult. Take a live from the battery to the trailer input (pin 6 for 12s, pin 10 for 13 pin). Via a switch and 5 amp fuse.

But I would not do it.

John
yes, my battery is new, and I have two of them. and only weekend for outdoor. almost no light and TV, only daytime :)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site

You are staring from a different stand point to most caravan or RV users. The Leisure fridges supplied in UK caravans and motor homes the are not designed to be run continuously on 12V. As others have said they don't have thermostatic control so the power draw would be continuous.

You can get 12V compressor fridges which are designed to run continuously on 12V dc, and they do have thermostatic control, and are more efficient than absorption fridges.

The typical UK absorption fridges are usually three way powered 12V whilst in transit, Mains hook up when on site or LPG when off grid.

Your simplest and most reliable solution will be to LPG.

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Hello experts,

View attachment 1695
A Couple of things,it looks like your battery connection is on to device 41(+ve to +ve and -ve to-ve).
The battery will struggle to cool down your fridge (the current will be very high).Normally the fridge is cooled down using mains power or gas then switched on to 12 volts dc just before setting off.The car powers the fridge by keeping it "topped up" ie cool.
When you turn on the car ignition and are connected to the car the habitation relay is operated and the fridge 12volt supply changes over from the leisure battery to the car battery.

Reactions: zhm1230
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site

I should add. if you need to ask how to wire a cable, then sadly It suggests you shouldn't be trying to do it at all.

It may only be 12V dc which wont give you a lethal shock, but miss wiring a 12V battery can easily case wires to overheat and set fire.

Respectfully if you don't understand it then you should be getting a competent person to do it.

Reactions: zhm1230

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts