How to fold up an awning

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Neither my Base Camp Porch, nor my Isabella Capri Lux contain any instructions on how to fold them up for placement in their storage bags. I have mastered the problem over the years by trial and error but at times it can seem like a chinese puzzle.

When I had them from new I just couldn't see how the manufacturer got them in the bags in the first place!

Any tips from anyone? Or even an Awning manudfacturer??

Cheers

Alan

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
I take out any removeable panels before dropping the awning, then lay it out on it's roof and fold each other piece across it, ensuring that every piece is flat. After trial and error, I then fold the whole thing into halves or thirds to get a long flat sausage, finally folding up the sausage in the same way.

By getting all the air out it's "easy" to get a dry awning into half it's original volume.

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
ditto RogerL's method.

i remove the panels and fold in the same way. Also by removing the panels its a tad easier to man handle as the main awaning is lighter.

Trial and error for me as well

Feb 23, 2007
Visit site
Hi Alan.

I think I've found the video that Jim mentioned. If you go to http://www.highbridgecaravans.co.uk/ click on awnings, then scroll right the way down to the bottom of the page it's on the bottom left hand corner. I haven't watched it because my rubbish work pc won't let me!

Phil.

Dec 8, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

Once taken out of it's bag, the awning never goes back. Side panelsl taken out and folded smallish (not tiny) and square, then the roof is taken down, spread out and folded front to back or back to fron, then one end to middle, ditto the other and so on until it is folded to about 3' square, then I can lift the thing and put it in the car.

Margaret W.

Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
I have always left my side panels in.I lay it on its fold the sides in then fron to back then fold up longwise.

Has always fitted in the bag no problem.

Apr 3, 2005
Visit site
Hi alan, i agree with most of the above methods, we have an Isabella 07 awning, the instructions advise removing all panels, then folding the awning up (inside out), hope this helps, Andrew.

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Side issue on similar subject.

Recently bought 3 made to measure awning bags from www.bags2cover.co.uk/.

Large box shaped bag zipped around length. I can place the awing into the bag through a huge opening the entire length of the bag, very easy and comes with carry handles.

Smaller bag is used for the awning panels.

3rd bag is same design for the poles, extravagance really but handles make carrying easy. Packing odd shaped corner poles is easier as the poles are placed in flat, not slid in.

The benefit is that they are smaller and thus individually lighter than the original bags, really easy to pack and fit in the car easier.

Jan 12, 2007
Visit site
hi all

im a hgv driver for my sins and years ago i use to do what is called in the trade "roping and sheeting" which was a method of covering and securing a load on a flatbed trailer.when i pulled the sheets off a loaded trailer there was a way of folding and rolling them up so to make it easier when putting them back on another load.

i could tell you how its done but i would have to shoot you afterwards because its a trade secret he he he

only kidding

we have 2 bags for our awning 1 for the side panels and 1 for the main part,i unzip the side panels fold them in half then roll them together as tight as i can like a sausage then get the better half to put the bag over the rolled up side panels.then i lay the roof and front down with the roof on the downside and the front on top,then i fold it in half again and roll it up as tight as i can and same again i get the better half to bag the awning as im holding it tight

hope this helps anyone who reads this,if not thanks for reading :)

any comments are most welcombe

hgv dave

Oct 24, 2007
Visit site
Hi Alan

I take side & front panels out of my bradcott classic, i then fold them up separatly & use an old sleeping bag to put them in, more room & goes in better than the bag it came with.

Mick k.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts