how to get water filter off

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
we just had a compass reflection , the water filter just above the conection for the water pump , is leaking not just a few drops but pouring out , i,m guessing the filter rubber is gone , its a screw in type but try as i might i can not unscrew it, is there a special tool i,m missing or is it just brute force , any help much appreciated .

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sara,there is a tool for the job but in the meantime, if you have an adjustable spanner or mole grip, adjust the jaw of whichever you have so it is a snug fit on the web of the filter which goes across the centre, then use a suitable spanner to turn the one on the filter.

I am guessing but I doubt the O ring seal has gone, I expect the housing is split, usually at the bottom edge.

If the housing is split, then a new housing is needed, but the Crystal unit you have fitted now is no longer produced and it will have to be changed for the new Truma Ultraflow inlet,and the connector on your pump wil have to be changed as well.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Have look here at how it's done,

www.arcsystems.biz/Pictures/Filter1.jpg

Unscrew it first and smear some Silicone grease on the threads and 'o' ring, you should find the centre bar will point just past 12 o'clock when it seals. (Olive oil also works)

Don't try to tighten it very much more or it will crack the housing at the 6 o'clock position.

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
thank you all so much ,, if the housing unit is split and we go for one off the truma filters are these hard to fit , ie is there much wiring involved the diy bit don,t bother me just the wiring bit , thanks sarah

Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
You can still get the Crystal 2 housing,easy to replace 4 screws and remove the housing ,push fitting for the water pipe and the 2 wires + and - for the pump,these are connected by terminal screws.

remove all old sealant from around the hole on the van.

Re-apply new sealant to the new housing (strips of caravan mastic good for this) refit wires in the correct terminals,push water pipe on and refit into van and fit the 4 screws to hold the housing in.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts