How to Install Running Water

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Hi i am currently renovating an old 80's Abi Monza 300 Deluxe named Florence (LOL not so Deluxe at the Moment) :cheer:
I cannot for the life of me work out how the water system works. I can't find a pump anywhere and only see two hose connections at the external back of the van. i assume one for inlet water and one for waste water.

I do however have a pump switch that looks like this installed at the floor of the sink unit.

So my question is how do i get power to this switch and where do i put a pump and power it from.

Also I don't seem to have a leisure battery or 12 v system installed at all and only have mains electric via hook up. so totally confused and lost. Please Help.

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
Markyt1980 said:
Hi i am currently renovating an old 80's Abi Monza 300 Deluxe named Florence (LOL not so Deluxe at the Moment) :cheer:
I cannot for the life of me work out how the water system works. I can't find a pump anywhere and only see two hose connections at the external back of the van. i assume one for inlet water and one for waste water.

I do however have a pump switch that looks like this installed at the floor of the sink unit.

So my question is how do i get power to this switch and where do i put a pump and power it from.

Also I don't seem to have a leisure battery or 12 v system installed at all and only have mains electric via hook up. so totally confused and lost. Please Help.

it looks like you need to install a complete 12v system and a water system. This is not something that can be detailed in a forum. :( You will need to trawl the internet to find detailed instructions and diagrams. Else somebody may have already done this and can provide the detail needed. :) Sorry to sound so negative.

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Maybe this will give you some idea of a basic wiring diagram.......
Yes it's for a camper van conversion but by the amount of work you are going to do on your old van ...You will have to adapt it to your needs ..... ;) or contact them .......

3515047_orig.jpg

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Markyt1980 said:

So my question is how do i get power to this switch and where do i put a pump and power it from...
The Whale water system priming footswitch shown in your picture is not powered as such, it draws water from an outside source (an Aquaroll) through the pipework using manual foot pressure.
http://www.whalepumps.com/rv/product.aspx?Category_ID=10007&Product_ID=14&FriendlyID=Whale-Tiptoe-Galley-Pump-foot-operated
Check to see which pipes are attached to the primer pump, what condition they are in and where they are from and where they go to.
Please don't take this the wrong way but are you competent to carry out electrical and other d-i-y work on your caravan Marky?
From the questions you are asking you might be taking on a bit more than you can handle and the consequences for poor electrical work in a caravan which has lpg appliances can be disatrous.
It might be a good idea to consult a local qualified approved mobile caravan engineer in order to make sure that you won't be throwing good money after bad, because installing new electric and water systems isn't cheap or alternatively you might be replacing items which you already have.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts