How to Opaque a window?

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
My Caravan has a clear window in the rear toilet, which is stupid and means that we have to keep the blind down, does anyone have any ideas on how to make it opaque, Sticky stuff?, sandblasting? etc.

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
I agree with you entirely, who has clear glass in their bathroom windows at home. I have covered several caravan toilet windows with Fablon (available at craft shops etc.) We have either removed the window to fit the Fablon or done it in situ. You can make an excellent job with it.

Just an aside on one new van I bought I /we told the dealer we would buy the van if it had a frosted/opaque toilet window. Hesitated a bit but the manufacturer (Lunar) fitted one. So if your buying new have a go!!!

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Whichever solution you choose, be aware that the glue on some sticky back products can react badly with the plastic window and cause crazing and window failure.

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
I posted my original reply very shortly before the forum website changed and although I left a gap before and after the link in that post during the site changeover those gaps were lost making it difficult to use the link. Therefore I have reposted the link to the photographs and the info.
http://www.carryoncamping.org/viewtopic.php?t=6092
As Damian correctly points out the adhesive can affect the windows, so using a separate sheet of plastic avoids that problem.
Robert

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
pull the blind down, thats what we do at home, over our frosted glass window.

In a caravan you have lights, pull the blind down and use them.

We wouldn't buy a caravan unless the shower window is clear, hate the closed in feeling that frosted glass gives.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts