How to remove black streaks?

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi with the snow we've had it has left black streaks which are very difficult to remove (cleaned two weeks ago). I have tried everything Auto Glym motorhome and caravan cleaner, Mer shampoo and fenwicks but no luck is there any stronger product in the market that will remove them?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Fenwicks used in concentarted form often shifts them, but there have been times when Ive used a creamy white paste called Silky. That always works but it should only be used gently and sparingly, like don't polish the whole van with it as it is more abrasive than a normal Fenwicks wash or Autoglym shampoo. Before putting the van away for winter I apply two coats of Fenwicks Overwintering and generally find the black marks come off more easily.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Unfortunately the text of your post has failed to load to the message board.
It's highly likely that the reason for this will be your choice of web browser. Contrary to popular belief most versions of Internet Explorer use older incomplete codes which do not automatically update and which do not comply with present day internet technology. Microsoft recognise the problem and have come up with a way to resolve this issue, Click Here for instructions on how to activate the Internet Explorer compatibility mode. Alternatively you might like to choose a more up to date web browser such as Mozilla Firefox.

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi Abbey Owner lots of members on here have simply used Mr Sheene and this seems to work quite well and I have used it on our 3 year old van as well. Now if you dont leave your van too long with the streaks on there is a shampoo called Caravan Shampoo,its available from Poundland and Family Bargains made by Carpride and I have found it does what it says on the bottle and a £1 a bottle it has to be worth a shot . Good Luck.
Sir Roger

Dec 5, 2006
Visit site
Hi, I've always used fenwicks black streak remover spray on, leave for a few seconds then wipe off, easy, never had any problems then used a good quality wax polish to make future removal easier

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Hubby used 'Muck-off' on the van this weekend. It's for cleaning bikes, but did a fantastic job on the van - no black streaks left at all. In fact those areas are cleaner than the rest of the van, so he's got to wash the whole thing with muck off now!

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
The black streaks are only grime that has washed down from elsewhere on the caravan so rather than constantly cleaning the streaks it is easier to wash the rest of the caravan down with a decent quality shampoo such as Autoglym and then give it a good polish. I normally use the Autoglym resin polish but if I am out and about I use Showroom Shine and I must say I am quite pleased with it. If you do get any black streaks when away for a long break the Showroom Shine will at least enable you to clean and wax quickly without using a lot of water (except where it is very mucky).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts