How to remove treacle from fur???

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I've posted this on a couple of forums but had no response.

One of my dogs has managed to get treacle on his head and parts of his back.

Does anyone have any suggestions (other than bathing the dog) for getting rid of the treacle. It's gone rock hard. It's not feasible to cut it out of the fur as he is being shown at the end of this month.

Thanks

Lisa

Jul 25, 2007
Visit site
Not what you want to hear, but I doubt that you will get dried treacle of a dogs hair even by bathing. I think you will have to cut the hair off and forget the show.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

Thanks for the replies, I think I'll try a bath first, I really didn't want to bathe him as his coat is stunning due to all the oily fish he eats.

Well, his coat was stunning before this LOL!!

Lisa

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

Thanks again for the replies.

I went with emmerson's tip. Hot water, an old toothbrush and some kitchen towel with the dog at the right height on the kitchen table.

All the treacle came out, dog wasn't stressed and he still has the best coat in Nottingham. LOL!

Lisa x

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Valerie

I was lacing some leaves and branches with honey and treacle to attract insects for photography purposes. Little did I realise that treacle is actually quite heavy and it soon dripped off the leaves and branches.

The dog stood under the leaves/branches and licked some of the treacle off the ground and unfortunately, he got quite a bit on his head and over his back. It went rock hard quite quickly. I thought the other dog might lick it off but she didn't. LOL!

I'll stick with honey next time......

Lisa xx

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
Interesting about the idea for photography.Amazing what you hear on here. Great. Glad you got the treacle off.Hope no insects bothered your dog!

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Valerie

OMG!!! Where on earth did you get that website from?????? Just when you think 'you've seen it all' summat like that crops up.

On the home page, there's a SBT dressed as a bee. LOL!!!! I'm going to circulate that website address. As Victor would say 'I DON'T BELIEVE IT'.

Lisa xxx

Feb 24, 2008
Visit site
Hi LMH,

It was from a book my daughter bought my son for his birthday. Its called FWD this link and is billed as "A Rough Guide to staying amused online when you should be working" containing funny things on line (some a bit rude though so not for kids).

Jan 12, 2007
Visit site
hi all

this might sound daft but it does work with chewing gum........ice.....try to freeze it with an ice cube and it might break off

hgv dave

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies, as Rupert suggested, I did have a hat and scarf on standby just in case. LOL!

Here he is - no sign of any treacle now.

Thanks again.

Lisa
dieselforpc.jpg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts