How turn off microwave

JB1

Aug 4, 2022
Visit site
Hi, I have recently purchased a Swift Fairway 550 (charisma) . The microwave wave is on all the time when the caravan is connected to mains electric via EHU. I can not find where to turn the microwave off , it seams a bit pointless while the caravan is on my drive hooked up and the microwave is on. I checked all the cupboards etc no switch or socket to turn the microwave off. I can only presume it must be behind the plastic shroud that is around the microwave. Having done a little bit of research these shrouds do not remove and re fit that easily and can break/ lose the retaking clips so I reluctant to investigate further.
any ideas.
thanks I advance.

May 10, 2020
Visit site
The socket for the microwave on my 560 is behind the top surround panel above the microwave. This just held in place by magnets, just tug to remove. Still not sure why it’s a problem for the microwave to be permanently powered after all it’s only the clock that’s running.
Cheers

Reactions: Challenger
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
The socket in our microwave in our caravan was also behind the surround panel above the microwave and when we tug it use to release and you could switch it off if you want to but we preferred it on so when you got to site it would work straight away .(y)

JB1

Aug 4, 2022
Visit site
The socket in our microwave in our caravan was also behind the surround panel above the microwave and when we tug it use to release and you could switch it off if you want to but we preferred it on so when you got to site it would work straight away .(y)
I thought as much , after reading about broken/lost clips from the surround I probably leave alone.
thanks for your reply

JB1

Aug 4, 2022
Visit site
The socket for the microwave on my 560 is behind the top surround panel above the microwave. This just held in place by magnets, just tug to remove. Still not sure why it’s a problem for the microwave to be permanently powered after all it’s only the clock that’s running.
Cheers
I will be leaving the caravan hooked up for most of the time, i just did not see the need for the microwave to connected to mains all the time

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I have recently purchased a Swift Fairway 550 (charisma) . The microwave wave is on all the time when the caravan is connected to mains electric via EHU. I can not find where to turn the microwave off , it seams a bit pointless while the caravan is on my drive hooked up and the microwave is on. I checked all the cupboards etc no switch or socket to turn the microwave off. I can only presume it must be behind the plastic shroud that is around the microwave. Having done a little bit of research these shrouds do not remove and re fit that easily and can break/ lose the retaking clips so I reluctant to investigate further.
any ideas.
thanks I advance.
Depends what you mean as "off".The microwave in our van displays the time,we consider that the microwave is "on"- is that what you mean?,There is no on/off switch,same as the household microwave.
It doesn't seem to matter that the microwave is on all the time.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts