How we are perceived

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Roy

I had to smile when I read that clowns comment about watching a family go into their caravan on the services and parking his truck two inches from their door and walking away so that they were trapped inside.

Bit risky if there was a fire but riskier still if the nutter tried that on me.

He'd better hope that his truck was faster than my caravan because as soon as I caught up with him, and I would, I'd drag him from his cab and kick the bejaysus out of him.

Aug 12, 2007
Visit site
Hi Roy

I had to smile when I read that clowns comment about watching a family go into their caravan on the services and parking his truck two inches from their door and walking away so that they were trapped inside.

Bit risky if there was a fire but riskier still if the nutter tried that on me.

He'd better hope that his truck was faster than my caravan because as soon as I caught up with him, and I would, I'd drag him from his cab and kick the bejaysus out of him.
Steve, I think you'd better go and have a cup of tea and a lie down, LOL!! ;-)

I'm so glad you're a friend, I wouldn't like to get on the wrong side of you!! Bless you x

Aug 12, 2007
Visit site
Roy, I've just read all that thread and didn't know whether to laugh or cry - laughter won out in the end. My OH has been an HGV driver for more than 20 years and thought the behaviour of some of those HGV drivers on there was atrocious. I just find it laughable that they, as professional drivers, appear to have not the slightest idea of how caravanners operate. But at least we know that, by and large, we are a responsible lot and no more likely to clog up the roads or to have accidents than HGV drivers are. As for the parking issues at motorway services, well do we actually want to park in the lorry area, which is noisy, crowded, stinks of diesel and, far worse, bodily fluids from lorry drivers who are too damn lazy to use the services? Hardly, but do we have a choice most of the time? Clearly not, since that is generally where we are directed to park.

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
May be some of our members here who made silly comments on my post about lorry overtaking should read the posts at the link.

I've seen far more crunched, tail ended and jack knifed trucks than caravans.

With those comments I'll not be showing so much respect to truckers from now on.

It just shows what ignorant and arrogant asses many truck drivers are.

Apr 25, 2008
Visit site
Hi Big Roy,

Thankfully I have not come across as many dipsticks that are on the truckers website,Ive found 99% of them to be helpfull,giving way and flashing to let you know to pull in safely.But I can understand the frustration of the truckers when they see a caravaner acting like a dipstick for the two weeks of the year,but hopefully the rest of the 99% of caravaners are ok.

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
As I said feel free to join in, this subject comes up periodically on Trucknet and I will always defend our hobby but there are a hard core of drivers with extreme views that will not listen to reason.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I've never been keen on lorry drivers anyway, think they own the road,(remainder of post edited)

But we can't really class them all the same just because of a few posts some have made on a truckers forum. WOW!!

Parksy - You rock!!!

Lisa

Dec 23, 2008
Visit site
What a naff comment Parksy.

When one poster here needs a good slapping you go all coy and righteous on us if we dare to stand up for ourselves.

Then you come out with your hard man act about truckers.

Double standards mate!

ps, I've never had a caravan where you can't easily get out of a window. I'd like to see an HGV move after I'd cut his airlines.

And it wouldn't be my first time!

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Nice sweeping statment LMH
Sorry Kev, didn't mean to offend genuine people such as yourself. It's just that I had a nasty incident last year on the M6 caused by a lorry driver and it sort of sticks in my mind now.

Lisa

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Sorry Kev, didn't mean to offend genuine people such as yourself. It's just that I had a nasty incident last year on the M6 caused by a lorry driver and it sort of sticks in my mind now.

Lisa
No worries lisa theres good and bad in all different walks of life.

I nearly took a car out yeasterday on the M5 just came onto the motorway from slip road thinking he had right of way, I had another lorry in middle lane and had no where to go. brakes on full just missed him (bet he wont do that again), clean underpants for the return jouney for me too lol

Kevin

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site

Lisa
Thanks Kev

You got me going now. When I was 20 ish (not all that long ago - I wish), I got taken out by a lorry driver who simply said he didn't see me. He just pulled into my lane right into the side of my car, I ended up facing the wrong way with the car bashed up on all sides as I was pushed into some railings too. The car was only a year old so they repaired it.

I agree there's good and bad in all and we can't judge the opinions of lorry drivers simply by reading what some have written on a forum. Bit like the 4x4 debate (god, did I really say that).

Lisa xx

Aug 10, 2008
Visit site
I have not even bothered to look at the link, but can imagine what a load of Shite might be sprouting out on that site.

On the other hand, I am more concerned by what actually goes on on this site, and its clear that we have a mirror image of those sorts here too. Surely that should concern us more.......LOL

G

Didn't know Mike Tyson caravaned, Parksy, violence is never the answer...tut tut. Peace out....

Jan 12, 2007
Visit site
well LMH..so you are calling me a (descriptive removed) then are you?

and you have never been keen on lorry drivers?

i wonder what would happen if i started to have a go at you?

and people say that this is a better site than other caravan forums..i dont think so when people are allowed to post comments like that

i would think a retraction and apology are in order

hgv dave

ps i would hope the moderators take some action on this.........ohh sorry the one on here is more than likely to do some gbh than use commonsence and delete abusive postings

Sep 15, 2006
Visit site
I thought the comment on the truckers forum was much more balanced than on here!

I think we should be promoting harmony on the roads rather than winding up the ante. Comments may be meant in jest but have a habit of causing resentment.

The roads are far too busy for people to harbour grudges against groups of other road users

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Having only just read the postings on this topic, and removing some of the more personal insults aimed at others (intentionally or not) I have to remind posters yet again that personal attacks will not be allowed to remain on the forum.

As the forum is used by caravanners who also happen to be HGV drivers then keep the kind of descriptives out of the text as it will offend, and having read the truckers forum, I can say that by far and large those posting there are in the minority.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
HGV Dave

I'll apologise. I'm so so sorry if I have offended you. I didn't realise you were so sensitive. If I had your address, I'd send you some flowers.

LMH

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Oh dear

I've obviously caused offence to one or two of you with my earlier comment which was meant to be light hearted.

I appear to have committed an error of judgement with my post which has upset one or two sensitive souls so I'm sorry.

When I drove lorries we could all could take a joke.

G

Come off it guys, you should just be pleased that a few truckers write and can see to use a PC and can use the web ;)

With those skills they might even be the ones that notice you and your rig alongside them, use their indicators before they start a manouvre and kindly bother to signal to you that you are clear to pull back over ;)

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Come off it guys, you should just be pleased that a few truckers write and can see to use a PC and can use the web ;)

With those skills they might even be the ones that notice you and your rig alongside them, use their indicators before they start a manouvre and kindly bother to signal to you that you are clear to pull back over ;)
And they don't tailgate you either.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts