"Hubby"

May 13, 2006
Visit site
Hi,

I often see "hubby" mentioned on the forum. Do husbands actually like being referred to as "hubby"?

Personally speaking, if my wife called me her hubby there would be ructions!

Rob S.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Personally I think the term 'hubby' is absolutely awful. Much better to refer to him by name. He wouldn't dare refer to me as 'the wife'. A kick up the backside often offends.

Lisa

May 13, 2006
Visit site
Hi Lisa,

My sentiments entirely! "My hubby" conjures up visions of "My hubby", "My cat" or "My poodle" in whatever order is appropriate.

As for your aversion to "The wife", again I am in full agreement. In almost 50 years I can honestly say I have never used the term "The wife" nor have I referred to Molly as "her".

Rob S.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Rob

I have an aversion to the shortening of other words too:

'Fancy a CUPPA?'. What's a 'cuppa'? (Not shortened but it seems it's the new word).

'Biccy'? No idea what that is too.

'Sarnies'

Lisa

Jul 24, 2006
Visit site
Talking of shortening words, I'm assuming no-one uses the word 'van' then???? Personally - I can't stand it, a van is a vehicle for transporting goods - not my lovely little second home!

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Talking of shortening words, I'm assuming no-one uses the word 'van' then???? Personally - I can't stand it, a van is a vehicle for transporting goods - not my lovely little second home!
Touch

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi Rob

'Fancy a CUPPA?'. What's a 'cuppa'? (Not shortened but it seems it's the new word).

'Sarnies'

Lisa
Lisa you ssssnnnnnnoooobbbbb !!!!!

how are you mate !!!

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Rob

'Sarnies'

Lisa
Hi Tina

I've been waiting for you to comment on this!!! I'm surprised you took so long.

I'm fine thanks. Had a good holiday apart from the journey down (will email you about that), hope your holiday was good too.

Very busy at work, will probably have to work extra to catch up (sob story), guess you're probably in the same boat too.

Lisa xxx

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
Hi Rob

'Sarnies'

Lisa
did you get lost again Lisa? another detour around a supermarket car park?

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Rob

'Sarnies'

Lisa
Hi Roy

No I haven't got lost since I bought TTG. If I told you what happened, you would never believe me. It could only happen to me.

Lisa.

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
Hi Rob

'Sarnies'

Lisa
come on Lisa spill the beans

TRENDING THREADS