hublock- the gypsies are back!!

Jul 15, 2006
Visit site
them nice travellers are back in the area again and they came to pay us another visit (how kind of them i thought)

they must have thought that since they got a good deal out from the last time they came that they would try again ( the police think it is the same team)

anyway this time there were disturbed by the in law next door who were checking out his caravan.

to say there looked surprised is a statement, after making up some excuse about why they were they, they went, however not before noticing the hublock that we both have on our caravans ( theres got pinched the same time too).

they havent been back since, but its only been a week, although two caravans have been stolen this past week, not very far from us.

whether they will come back i dont know, however they did come tooled up for the job 6 men and three vans, im not goign to stop in worried if they do though, they have seen the hublock and they did get a good luck at it.

i will post anything if they do come back.

(and before i get slated saying it wont work by people who havent even seen the hublock in person i am only giving my view - got absolutely peeved off by people who said it wont work and i was basically talking crap!!!)

Bev

Jan 7, 2007
Visit site
Dare I ask what is a Hublock?

Is there a web site I can look at as It sounds like we will need that and everything else(our existing hitchlock & rise & clamp isn't enough?) for our new van.

Don't think we have any Travellers but van is now kept inside in a secure storage guarded by dogs,can't be too careful.

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site

Is there a web site I can look at as It sounds like we will need that and everything else(our existing hitchlock & rise & clamp isn't enough?) for our new van.

Don't think we have any Travellers but van is now kept inside in a secure storage guarded by dogs,can't be too careful.
Caroline,

Try this link for info on Hublock, seems impressive.

http://www.jsbhublock.co.uk/indexhtml.html
Robert

Jul 15, 2006
Visit site
jackie, we live near holmfirth, so not very far from you.

someone who had there van stolen had a wheelclamp , hitchlock and security posts, when i told them they would get if off in minutes they just laughed, now there is a gap on there drive, luckily they were insured but there was someone who bought a

Sep 21, 2006
Visit site
Thanks for that! Have the police then shown some interest in what you saw? Anyone confident about effectiveness of hitchlock, corner steady locks, ground posts, wheel clamps should come and view our CCTV film of the theft of our last 'van. It was taken in less than 10 mins with all of the above cut off/hammered off and the key pad alarm system (keypad above the door) disabled by what appears to be one good thump! Methinks only hublocks, active trackers and perhaps the new ALKO have a fighting chance? and of course catching and convicting the sods who keep taking them!

Sep 21, 2006
Visit site
Ps. Do you think that the police will explore a link with your incident and with these other thefts? There is an image that I took with a camera from the TV which recorded our CCTV film (not the best but may give you an idea) of 2 of the three people who stole our van and their white transit on website Caravanning4U - stolen caravans..and one in the gallery on Caravan Talk..'Stolen'..The original CCTV film is with the police at South Kirkby/Normanton police crime No. DA-06-21905 - if you get chance to check that the officers looking into your incident are aware of the existance of this film. It shows enough detail of the three involved I think to be resonably confident whether or not the same people might be involved.

Sep 21, 2006
Visit site
Ps. Do you think that the police will explore a link with your incident and with these other thefts? There is an image that I took with a camera from the TV which recorded our CCTV film (not the best but may give you an idea) of 2 of the three people who stole our van and their white transit on website Caravanning4U - stolen caravans..and one in the gallery on Caravan Talk..'Stolen'..The original CCTV film is with the police at South Kirkby/Normanton police crime No. DA-06-21905 - if you get chance to check that the officers looking into your incident are aware of the existance of this film. It shows enough detail of the three involved I think to be resonably confident whether or not the same people might be involved.
Sorry! The photo is entitled 'caravan theft' in the gallery on website 'caravan talk'.

Jan 7, 2007
Visit site

Thanks Robert,

Very useful site, I now know what they are,they do look pretty impressive.

Hopefully I won't need them as our van is kept inside a secure building with 24hr staff & guard dogs + all the usual security measures.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts