Hull - Zeebrugge

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Have just returned from a foreign trip via the Hull Zeebrugge ferry and would like to share my experiences. On the way out we were asked to unhitch the caravan whilst a P & O shunter truck pushed our caravan backwards into the ship. We then drove aboard and re-joined our caravan. A strange way to start but they did clean their towballs first. Onboard the facilities were excellent with as much as you wish to eats dinner and breakfasts and several peaceful bars. there was even a cinema for the kids showing the latest movies e.g. Charlie & the Chocolate factory. the cabins were ok but cramped and became hot and stuffy in the night. I compared the price of using this ferry with my usual Dover - Calais ferry Hull cost £460 but included overnight beds and 2 meals. I only needed to travel 120 miles return. My Dover ferry would have cost me £260 but I would have needed 600 miles of petrol, 2 overnights of fees, 2 days of meals & the hassle of M25 and dartford tunnel. I Think I will use Hull again next year. GARY

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Gary

We live near Hull and intend to use the Hull /Zeebrugge crossing next year. Its OK going by the tunnel as we did this year but its coming back! we had an overnight at Calais when we could have been on the Ferry and home in the morning instead of the rotton slog through Britain! Incidentally we use mappy and I was singing its praises along with lots of other people! I loved the fact the tolls were exactly right and I always had the right money ready that made a few toll collectors raise their eyebrows in suprise and smile!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Gary

We went on this route end of July and had the same loading procedure.Perhaps it was beacause of all the free caravans on the Sunday !I agree regarding facilitys but our cabin was quite spacious I thought (a 4 berth).We live approx 60 miles from Hull along M62 so was great not to have the long slog back home from Dover at the end of the holiday.

Overall we thing that it is worth the expense.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts