hydraulic levelling

Dec 30, 2020
Visit site
hi has anyone done a DIY hydraulic levelling system 2 stage rams are the way to go but i don't want an expensive automated system just a manual push button job anybody done anything like that

Nov 12, 2021
Visit site
hi has anyone done a DIY hydraulic levelling system 2 stage rams are the way to go but i don't want an expensive automated system just a manual push button job anybody done anything like that

I searched for a DIY option but couldn't find one. There used to be a company who made one that attached to the existing corner steadies but no hydraulic axle rams. They went bust years ago. I played around with bottle jacks under the axle without success. I considered the Kojack system but that uses a bottle jack and jacking points and again is a manually operated. I finally decided to get the E&P Hydraulics self levelling system fitted which is truly excellent but not cheap. I used the money I saved from two years of covid restrictions and two postponed caravan holidays in France to pay for it. I needed something to cheer me up and this did the trick at the time. :)

Dec 30, 2020
Visit site
hi Hutch my son has just had one fitted and it cost £6000 i am not paying that any way they have made them so complicated with auto up and down all i want 2 buttons for each jack and looking at the parts cost i think i can do it for a lot less with no electronics

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Paullus1959
Dec 30, 2020
Visit site
4 x 2stage rams 1 reversable 12v pump 1 x 4way valve set and one set of buttons and a little plastic 2 way level i think a may have over simplefied things a bit but i put hydraulic lifters on a narrow boat trailor lifting about 10 ton and it worked a treet, welding plates to the rams was tricky, just keep the pistons at the other end

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
4 x 2stage rams 1 reversable 12v pump 1 x 4way valve set and one set of buttons and a little plastic 2 way level i think a may have over simplefied things a bit but i put hydraulic lifters on a narrow boat trailor lifting about 10 ton and it worked a treet, welding plates to the rams was tricky, just keep the pistons at the other end

Can you post some pictures of the parts and/or links to the items required.

John

Nov 12, 2021
Visit site
hi Hutch my son has just had one fitted and it cost £6000 i am not paying that any way they have made them so complicated with auto up and down all i want 2 buttons for each jack and looking at the parts cost i think i can do it for a lot less with no electronics

I think this may have been in answer to my post?
Out of interest, which system did your son have fitted?
£6000 is over double what I paid at the time and I certainly wouldn't have paid that much.

PTA

Mar 5, 2020
Visit site
A&E Leisure in Northwich, Cheshire quote £2250 for E&P "Compact" system
and £3450 for a"Full" system. Prices include fitting.
I have been considering the "Compact" system.

( I have no connection of any kind to the dealer- other than using them for servicing)

Nov 12, 2021
Visit site
But the weight of all that extra gear???? You would have throw out the cooler and beer fridge 😢
:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

Yes, there is a weight penalty but remember the weight of the existing corner steadies has to come off the overall weight of the E&P system.
A&E Leisure fitted my full system which included upgraded larger diameter feet on the rams.
First class service and they chuck in a free overnight stay at a very pleasant site less than 15 minutes away from them.

Reactions: JezzerB and PTA

PTA

Mar 5, 2020
Visit site
:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

Yes, there is a weight penalty but remember the weight of the existing corner steadies has to come off the overall weight of the E&P system.
A&E Leisure fitted my full system which included upgraded larger diameter feet on the rams.
First class service and they chuck in a free overnight stay at a very pleasant site less than 15 minutes away from them.

I agree. They are my preferred service centre and they are extremely thorough. Nothing is too much trouble.
They also did a superb job of repairing my Crusader after I pranged it (don't ask!). The insurance assessor was also very complimentary about them.
Ex Harrington's staff who set up on their own after the company was sold.

Dec 30, 2020
Visit site
i think it was E & P full auto with remote and i am not going to pay that price i want to have a go at my own and i am thinking 2 rams at the front and 1 at the back just push button up and down small 12 volt pump,, 2 stage rams not difficult you can remove the pistons and plate weld the cylinders it is all the automation and labour that costs so much any one else have any ideas ``

Dec 30, 2020
Visit site
evidently a big difference between a caravan and a motorhome and i did not say motorhome
here is a couple of photos i fabrecated a bracket and welded it to the ram just keep the piston at the other end i made a pair of theae and fitted them onto a narrowboat and lifted about 10 ton. allso built the 12volt mobile pump so i am confident i can do this and the parts are cheep on the net

Attachments

• IMG_0827.JPG
    IMG_0827.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 15
  • thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: Paullus1959
Nov 12, 2021
Visit site
i think it was E & P full auto with remote and i am not going to pay that price i want to have a go at my own and i am thinking 2 rams at the front and 1 at the back just push button up and down small 12 volt pump,, 2 stage rams not difficult you can remove the pistons and plate weld the cylinders it is all the automation and labour that costs so much any one else have any ideas ``
I'm not suggesting you buy the E&P system as you seem more than capable of creating a DIY levelling system.
However, they do a two ram setup which retains your existing corner steadies so no need for a third ram.
The two rams on the axle provided side to side leveling and then you do the fore and aft with the corner steadies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts