Hyundai Santa Fe?

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
It's been a long time since I have been on this site! We are in the process of changing Jeep for another tug and the Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2 7 seater seems to be a possibility BUT we want to know if it will do the job with our Fleetwood Heritage T/A. Any and All info much appreciated ! We are looking at 2011 auto as Himself is in his late 70s now and not as nimble these days
I do hope everyone is well and happy xxx

I may have got it in the wrong place so here goes again!We are thinking of a 2010/2011 Hyundai Santa Fe 7 seat aut to tug Hetty a Fleetwood t/A.. It is the first time for many years since I have been here and I hope everyone is well and happyx

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
You don't say what the MTPLM is for the van but the Santa Fe has a rated towing capacity of 2000kg and kerbweight of 1,890 to 1,895 kg I don't take any notice of the 85% guidannce-rubbish in my mind but if your caravan weighs less than 1895kg your Hyundai should make mincemeat of it-ie easy tow and anything up to 2000kg is perfectly legal.

Reactions: thursdays child
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Hello, I have a 2014 SantaFe, which weighs in at 1950kg kerb weight, its the 5 seat version, as they have more room under the boot area than the 7 seat. The Auto has a max tow of 2000kg manual 2500 kg. We tow a Coachman 560VIP at 1645 max. And it pulls that easily, and we are normally at max weight, we used to tow this caravan with a 2008 Santa Fe which coped very well. Its a nice Tug, but can have a blind spot on the front window down struts.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We started with a 2014 Santa Fe pulling a 1700 kg single axle caravan always loaded to its maximum. It pulled it with ease. Plenty of torque, enough power for an overtake when the opportunity arose and never found a hill that it could not cope with. Travelled all over Europe with it without a problem. So pleased with it that we traded it in for a new one - thanks to their Affinity programme.

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
I have a 2010 (2011 model) Kia Sorento which is vertually same car. I pull a Coachman Pastiche which is quite heavy without any trouble whatsoever. Lovely car and effortless driving. Put it on cruise and on a motorway you will get 30+ mpg towing

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I have a 2010 (2011 model) Kia Sorento which is vertually same car. I pull a Coachman Pastiche which is quite heavy without any trouble whatsoever. Lovely car and effortless driving. Put it on cruise and on a motorway you will get 30+ mpg towing
That is very interesting thank you xI am looking at this !

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
A very warm welcome back Thursdays Child, it has indeed been a long time since you were on the (old) forum.
I hope everything is as good as it can be for you, and that you are looking to keep using the van, if we get some decent weather.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I will back up Bobs message, but towing our "probably " overweight caravan, in France, on the southern section of the A75 near The Millaue Bridge, at 35c we were struggling. But it coped well in Switzerland in winter conditions, the 4 wheel drive system is good as long as you have good tyres, . Beware wet grass.

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
A very warm welcome back Thursdays Child, it has indeed been a long time since you were on the (old) forum.
I hope everything is as good as it can be for you, and that you are looking to keep using the van, if we get some decent weather.
Damien thank you so much for the welcome xx We have not been away in Hetty for over a year due to my health issues but hopefully this year we will be back on the road again.There are people much worse off than me and I have had a long healthy life until now so I am grateful for that xxx I trust you and all the others are enjoying life xx

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I will back up Bobs message, but towing our "probably " overweight caravan, in France, on the southern section of the A75 near The Millaue Bridge, at 35c we were struggling. But it coped well in Switzerland in winter conditions, the 4 wheel drive system is good as long as you have good tyres, . Beware wet grass.
Hutch I thank you for helpful information 're our new tow car to be. Himself has always enjoyed his very old Grand Cherokee especially when in North York's after a blizzard she was the only 4x4 able to pull Hetty off the site ? Himself is very rarely competitive but this was his finest hour xxBless him !,

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Hi TC nice to see you popping back in, remember you well from the "old Days", you gave me some good advice here on the forum, for which I was extremely grateful,
Glad you are looking forward to continuing your days away in "Hetty" hope you get your tow tug sorted very soon.
Keep in touch.

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Hi TC nice to see you popping back in, remember you well from the "old Days", you gave me some good advice here on the forum, for which I was extremely grateful,
Glad you are looking forward to continuing your days away in "Hetty" hope you get your tow tug sorted very soon.
Keep in touch.
Hiya Gagakev xxx Nice to see you are still on site xx Thanks for the kind words xxx

Reactions: Gagakev

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts