Hyundai Tucson

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Bought the 2 litre diesel Auto recently. Now done 2500 miles. Apalling fuel consumption - 25 if careful - 23 normal driving. The brochure says 30 Urban 42 Extra Urban 35.3 Combined.

I did expect 30 at least. I dread to think what it will do towing!

I read several comments on this forum about the Santa Fe doing 35/38 mpg, so thought the Tucson would be similar - both have 2.0 litre engine.

I also read a customer feedback on the 'What Car' link on this website - similar comment about only getting 24 - if lucky.

Anyone else got this car and experiencing similar fuel consumption?

Maybe get together and see what Hyundai have to say. I feel the brochure figures are misleading, in the extream.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Alan

Can't really comment on the Tucson but I have a Nissan X-Trail and my initial economy was not what I expected. You have only a fairly short mileage so far so I expect you will notice an improvement in time. Don't forget the manufacturers get to these figures under test conditions which I suspect have little to do with reality!

David

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have just bought a 2.0 Diesel manual (ex-demo)the car has now covered 4000 miles. My fuel consumption is about 35-38 mpg, however the trip computer reads a lot less. HYUNDAI state this is because it is designed for the American market, yeah right!!and the USA gallon is smaller(I know that, but makers seem to manage). Have not yet towed with the car, which was one of the main reasons for the purchase, so we will see what happens. Overall happy with the car.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

Bought Tucson 01 Sept CRDT CDX 2.0ltr Manual. Trip computer set to US gallons showing 23mpg - not useful. Done 8,500miles already. The fuel consumption was really poor. I had it tested by Hyundai came out at 31.5mpg combined - way to low. 4x4 whatMPV magazine have followed my case with Hyundai dealer and Hyundai UK. They will be printing an examination of this vehicle in January edition - they have told me their independent test of another vehicle is 32mpg! Hyundai with a problem as I have followed this right through their custonmer care protocol. Plus they have just switched to new ad campaign - interestingly they have cosen not to push the diesel version. I am just about to get full refund from dealer with compensatory amount as I return the vehicle. The dealer has bee really good. New EU laws came into force last year which protect consumer much more. Hyundai have confirmed the fuel problem with my car and have referred to Hyundai Korea. Its a shame as the car is good - just can't deliver fuel economy!

Probably will buy a Toyota or Nissan equivalent.

TRENDING THREADS