I am a new one

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
First of all I am new to this very interesting site. If I am using the forum wrong in any way please let me know. I have never had reason to join a forum before, but times change and one gets older. So I would like to explain myself.
I have toured for many years now and come to the age of taking things easy. So I started looking for a static caravan. I did find hundreds for sale, great, so I thought. I am glad I read all the small print on the sites terms and conditions. They left me thinking if the static would be mine or not. I realise that rules have to be implied both for the comfort of others and safety but, what I don't agree with is how greedy the site owners are. First of all the ground rent is out of this world but, my biggest one is the way I am told to sell if I wish. Most of them say " selling the caravan can only be completed via the site, and the best one is that the site take a percentage of the sale. Now I thought if I wanted to move to another site the cost of either re-locating or selling and buying another would cost me thousands. If I use a touring seasonal pitch and wanted to move it would cost fuel and time. If I wanted to upgrade my van I would be free to sell it how I like and all the money would belong to me, after all it is my van.
I have explained this first of all because I see a number of touring van owners are against seasonal pitches. They say that seasonal pitches have taken up touring pitches. Of course this is partly correct. From the first time I started touring about 35 years ago a touring pitch was so easy to come by and the cost was next to nothing. Times have changed though caravanning is big business now and the amount of touring caravans being sold is out of this world. At one time when you noticed on the rare occasion of a caravan along the road one would look and take notice. These days they are seen in convoys. That is also part of the reason foe lack of pitches. It also it the reason the ground rent is so high.
I do not wish to get in to an argument on this subject as this is only my opinion like the opinions others have. An opinion from anyone will be based on their own needs, and at this point a seasonal pitch is what I need.
So I am looking for a seasonal pitch that is about two hours drive from Stoke-on-Trent and must be reasonably priced. If anyone can email me with Addresses it would be most appreciated.
Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Welcome to the forum Michael.
I fully appreciate as age catches up a seasonal pitch is one way a seasoned tugger can continue enjoying their hobby.
Have you looked at UK campsites?
Good luck

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi michalmid, welcome to the forum. We are giving a seasonal pitch a go for the first time this year in the hope that we will get away more. We'll see. Ours is in N Wales which is about 2 hours from where you are. Thing is, one man's "reasonably priced" is another man's "you must be joking". Any thoughts about preferred location and price point.
Mel

spardoe

Administrator
May 12, 2010
Visit site
Hello and welcome to the forum.
If you're still looking for a seasonal pitch then have a look at our sister website Caravan Sitefinder. http://www.caravansitefinder.co.uk/parks/find/facilities/41-seasonal-pitches/location/380-uk-eire
There's quite a few seasonal pitches listed on here and you can search by region. Best of luck.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts