I fell in love with North Wales

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If you want to see some really close, and very clever flying take a trip to the viewing areas looking at the "Machynlleth Loop" in Wales.

Some remarkable flying to be seen,,,,,,,,,,,and it is very noisy !!!!

Sep 18, 2020
Visit site
If you want to see some really close, and very clever flying take a trip to the viewing areas looking at the "Machynlleth Loop" in Wales.

Some remarkable flying to be seen,,,,,,,,,,,and it is very noisy !!!!
Thanks Damian
I’ll go that way next we get a chance to visit there again

Sep 18, 2020
Visit site
You know we could hear them on Wednesday but couldn’t see them, by the time we were reaching the top of Snowdon the clouds were covering the peaks. They had Very loud jet engines.
That link is handy too Damian
I’ve seen a few at see when I served in the RN but very intrigued to see them performing training in these conditions

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
You know we could hear them on Wednesday but couldn’t see them, by the time we were reaching the top of Snowdon the clouds were covering the peaks. They had Very loud jet engines.
That link is handy too Damian
I’ve seen a few at see when I served in the RN but very intrigued to see them performing training in these conditions
i been up Snowdon on the train i thought it was fantastic at the top we also heard the RAF Fast Jets on that day .

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
i been up Snowdon on the train i thought it was fantastic at the top we also heard the RAF Fast Jets on that day .

My nieces husband was a navigator/winch man on the Air Sea Rescue Wetlands (holder of no less than two Blue Peter badges) when they were based there. They liked to tease those at the top of Snowden as they took a very easy way up.

Later, the wife’s cousin’s son did his fast jet training there. Tradition says that each group who go through make a video of their training. I have a copy, fantastic low level stuff in the Hawlks.

John

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
My nieces husband was a navigator/winch man on the Air Sea Rescue Wetlands (holder of no less than two Blue Peter badges) when they were based there. They liked to tease those at the top of Snowden as they took a very easy way up.

Later, the wife’s cousin’s son did his fast jet training there. Tradition says that each group who go through make a video of their training. I have a copy, fantastic low level stuff in the Hawlks.

John
Hi John i went the easy route but my wife and my son walk up half way then got the train but it was a great hearing fast jets (i love the red arrows ) as well

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Going back to our base in Blackpool from Haverford West in a Wessex 60, for Bristow Helicopters, on a gas contract we were about 700 ft Above ground level , and three Folland Gnats came came under neath us, . Lovely flying. Playing with us.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts