I wish I had a pound for everytime I did that....

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Having returned the van to its storage site after having been away this weekend, I was just about to drive away when I realised that I'd left my extended wing mirrors on. I wish I had a pound £ for every time I've done that.

Any other things that you have done whilst away and wished you had a pound for every time you'd done something.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Jaydug said:
My recurring doubt is usually, "Did you secure the fridge door before setting off?" Requires a stop as soon as just to make sure.

Mine is the handbrake :(
I have given up stopping now though, if the wheels are turning and the car's not struggling it must be off......
or is it??

Mar 13, 2007
Visit site
Big S said:
Any other things that you have done whilst away and wished you had a pound for every time you'd done something.

yeah. always stopped at the first parking spot after setting off. [which from leaving home is about 800yds] only to find. the handbrake on. the jockey wheel had come down. the remote for the mover still on the A frame. one of the plugs adrift. a locker door unlocked. or the roof vet still up. :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
now a pound for every time I stopped and there was nothing wrong. I could have retired early. :woohoo: :woohoo:

May 14, 2017
Visit site
Locked the front locker only to realize i need something out of the front locker. Only new to caravanning but if i had a pound for each time i'd done that i'd have covered diesel expenses. :huh:

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Mines double checking. If I stop en-route, have to check everything again, walk around outfit, tugging this, patting that and feeling how warm the wheels are.

May 14, 2017
Visit site
Mel said:
Pumping up the air awning with one of the outlet valves open. (Can you hear hissing?)
Mel
We did this with our new awning. Outwell mirage 400sa. I connected the electric pump turned it on and stepped back prepared to be amazed only to wonder where the funny hissing noise was coming from. hmmm what do these funny valve thingies do? :p

TRENDING THREADS