I wonder who it was..............

Aug 12, 2007
Visit site
I dunno why some people seem to like them so much, they don't do anything for me. People call 'ordinary' caravans tin cans.......well, if Heinz got their mitts on that, they'd slap a baked beans label on it and tow it round the country as a promotional vehicle! Still, to coin that famous phrase, "each to their own"!

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
I can't see the attraction either ,the dent looks horrendous,can't just put some filler and paint.Still its a broad church,if it makes someone happy.Spose its a bit of a lifestyle thing

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I saw one being towed on the A14 on Sunday. Again, I don't see what some people like about them apart from they have a need to be different to the rest of the crowd. Well they certainly do stand out, just like the ugly duckling did
smiley-smile.gif

Aug 12, 2007
Visit site
We had a look inside one a couple of years ago, it reminded me of a jail cell but with gingham curtains
smiley-undecided.gif
And who'd want to buy a brand new one, they're soooooooooo expensive!!!
smiley-surprised.gif
Definitely a 'Marmite' caravan.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I'm not overly keen either, the ones that I've seen the inside of look basic compared to most modern UK caravans and somebody has paid over six grand for what amounts to a 58 year old aluminium alloy shell.
They could have got a nice used Bailey Pageant for that money
smiley-money-mouth.gif

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Yea but there's is not much chance of a baileys being worth 6k for a shell, when its 50 years old. OK so its not my cuppa of tea, but can appreciate its iconic status.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Despite the streamlined aircraft like appearance and the use of aluminium panels, I understand they are not particularly light weight, so you do need a large tow vehicle. I recently saw two on the M4 East of Bristol heading towards Wales. They were in convoy being pulled by American style pick up trucks.

Apr 26, 2005
Visit site
It seems to be the case that anything American is a must have......whether it be a caravans, cars or power tools!
As far as I understand it their engineering is no better than any other (dare I say worse in some cases?)
I just don't see the fascination or attraction.
Rant over!!!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts