In praise of CC Wardens

Jul 18, 2005
Visit site
Following the recent adverse comments re 1% of CC wardens can i speak in support of the other 99%. I have recently returned from 10 days at Beechwood Grange CC site in York. This was during probably the busiest time of the season with the site full most nights. There were lots of people about but the site was well kept, any litter picked up, grass pitches cut when people moved off, bins emptied twice daily. Occasionally saw the wardens having a quiet word with kids for flying around on bikes or taking bikes into the playpark but nothing heavyhanded and always with a smile. The same when going into the office, nothing was too much bother although with all the comings and goings they were kept on their toes especially when one couple were off duty.
Last week i was in Dumfries and Galloway and looked into the site at Garlieston and once again the greeting was the same, please take a look around, any queries please come back see us.
Thank you CC wardens for all you do, you must have the patience of a saint at times. I certainly couldn't do your job.
William

Thank you

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Wiliam,

I will second that. Just been to Beechwood & Morton & I can tell you the sites were kept imaculate. Must say that at Beechwood the Wardens do seem stretched, but still remain polite and do a great Job.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I recently also had excellent service and care at the CC Site at Wythall,Birmingham
My wife needed treatment at the QE hospital in Birmingham and I stayed at the Wythall site
It should have been for 3 nights but ended up 3 weeks during which ovarian cancer was diagnosed
The staff on the site assured me that I had no worries about staying even though the site was full
They made a very difficult time much easier and were really very supporting to me at a time when they were having the site bollards rewired and under pressure themselves

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I too only have praise for the wardens this year.
I took my 84 year old mum on a grand tour of Sotland in May. The wardens at Morvich in particular were most helpful ensuring she made use of the disabled facilities and knew what to do if she got stuck. As in a lot of CC sites the Wardens fetched our daily newspapers. Also they went out of their way to give me pitches close to the facilities to make things easier for mum. Most thoughtful. Always had time for a cheerful chat and were a mine of local information. What more can one ask?
Well done those wardens.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Yep I'd agree with the positive comments already posted. We've stopped at Broad Park Devon & 5 Acres Chard Somerset earlier this year. Both sets of Wardens were excellent - friendly on arrival & whenever approached for advice etc. Enforced the club rules when necessary with 'not so friendly' members. And all facilities were always kept spotless with grass short and tidy. All in all I've nothing but praise for people that do a splendid job under, sometimes difficult conditions, given the unreasonable expectations of some users!
Well done lads & lasses - keep up the good work.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
During the week one of our dogs had another attack of pancreatitis/colitis, something she is prone to. The vets where we took her is only 10 minutes away from the CC site at Englethwaite Hall where we are staying. After taking her to the vets we visited Asda where I stooped to get something off a low shelf and my back went again.
We decided to ask the wardens if we could stay another week and cancel our next site at Park Coppice so that we could have continuity at the vets and also to give my back chance to heal. The wardens couldn't be more helpful and told my wife that to let them know when and they will get the awning pegs out which was worrying me. They notified Park Coppice for us and this evening called to see how I and the dog were coping. They also did other things which were outside their duties.
I can't speak highly enough about them and I can think of many places worse than Englethwaite Hall to stay. This site is among our top 5 and it's our 4th visit.

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Recently stayed at Southport CC site and I would reiterate the comments made. The site at Southport is in excellent condition thanks to the Wardens and the cheery smile which greets you at every opportunity certainly made the stay brilliant.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I've heard of men goin through labour pains in support of SWMBO but a bad back again in support of the dog!LOL.
What a shame especially on the hols. Hope it improves son LB and the dog of course.
Thank goodness for decent caring wardens.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts