Inaca Awnings

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Hi All,

A quick question - do any of you have any experience of or heard of Inaca awnings? We called in our local Discover branch & saw one on display - it looked good quality & the price was what we were looking to pay for a full awning. Looked them up on the web & they are a Spanish company. Just that we're novices at this & I've never heard of them before....

Thanks,

Jim

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We purchased a Sands back in 2005 from Barons and had it extended by 50cm two years ago to fit our current van. Really pleased with the awning, it has been used heavily over the last five years and still looks as good as new.

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Hi Jim.

We have an Inaca Mirage awning on our Abbey 540.

Our awning was bought new from Discover at Preston back in june 2008. It is a 3mtr deep awning instead of the more usual 2.5mtr. This does give more room but on some sites where they provide hardstanding for van + awning, it may overlap the pitch. We wanted ours to use all year round as we are full timing at present, so our awning ha snow been up for 19 months and has shown little sign of wear. The only wear is in the stiching of the built in storm straps. This was caused when we had to endure storms in Feburary and Last december where we had gusts of upto 60Mph.

We liked the zip down external flaps which can make one end a totally private storage area. Also there are plenty of strong anchor points to help you to batten down in a storm.

Your right that Inaca are a spannish firm but even special orders only take 3/4 wks direct from the factory. The company was set up by ex Issabella employee's and they have succeeded in keeping toop of the range quality but keeping prices mid range.

As a company Discover were brilliant with us. We had cause to return our original stock blue awning as we found that the gold trim pieces didn't match on the panels to the main awning. We were given another one without quibble and allowed to take that to our van, swap over the awnings and they then picked up with their courier the faulty awning. Unfortunately the swapped awning was just as mis matched. However discover now ordered the special order red awning free of charge from spain. When that arrived at preston, they checked it and found th e same mis match so they got back in touch with Spain and got a proper job done. Then at their expence again, thye couriered the new awning to us and a few days later arranged pick up.

What a palavor you might say. It probably was, but I haven't met another dealership or manufacturer so dedicated to actually getting what to most would of seemed too much trouble over 10mm of mis match. They went well above and beyond to get a good product even better, even to the point that the manufacturing system was changed to get the result.

The only down side to my awning is the weight of the steel poles. Because it is designed as a seasonal awning, the poles are heavy guage (thickness of steel). I'm going to look into having the roof struts changed to carbon fibre, as there are 7 of them quite a weight saving could be made. I think the main Aframe should still be steel for rigidity.

All things considered I can say we are very satisfied with our awning and given the amount of stick we have given it, it is wearing very well.

Steve L.

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Hi Richard & Steve,

Thanks for the positive feedback. We're looking at the Siena 250. Really like the look of the zip-down external blinds, as we have 3 border collies & being able to shut out the outside might be a good idea, especially at night.

Very pleased Discover were so good with you Steve. We bought the caravan fom Discover Darlingtion, & they were good with us too, so I have no problem in going back & giving them more business.

Cheers,

Jim

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Well, SWMBO went back to Discover yesterday & bought it. We unpacked it last night & were very impressed - sheets of tissue lining all of the windows, holdalls for the polls & for the canvas, & instructions whilst not crystal clear, which make it look easy enough to erect.

Really looking forward to trying it out now :)

Cheers,

Jim

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Hi

We have a Inaca Sands awning, which we've had for around 6 years, we are really pleased with it as they are really good quilaty and have had no problems with it, in fact we are thinking of changing the caravan and buying another Inaca awning to go with the new one!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts