Increase caravan MPTLM

Jun 11, 2005
Visit site
How many are aware that some vans can have their MPTLM increased simply by asking the manufacturer to issue a new tally with the new MPTLM and tyre pressures and a certificate. Not all vans can be done but my Bailey Series 5 Pageant Bordeaux has gone from 1366kg to 1400 kg. All Bailey required was a £50 administration fee. It now means that my new mover and 110amphour battery do not reduce my normal touring load.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If they haven't uprated the suspension, why didn't they plate it for the higher figure in the first place?

Simply a way of extracting more money from the punter.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Greetings All,

I've already had experience of this in that my Lunar Lexon was supplied with a MTPLM plate of 1445kgs when it should have read 1400kgs. In my particular case I insisted that they supply me with a plate that stated the MTPLM as 1400kgs because that was UNDER the kerb weight of my Citroen C5 Estate. That was important to me because I didnt want to be seen to tow a van with a MTPLM in excess of the kerbweight.In fact you can have a plate on the Lunar that givesthe MTPLM as 1500kgs

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Did you pass your driving test after the 1st January 1997, Del? Otherwise, I don't quite see why you were so concerned about the higher plated MTPLM of your Lunar Lexon, Del, so long as the maximum permissible towload of the Citroen is adequate to cover your needs.

Feb 14, 2006
Visit site
Did you pass your driving test after the 1st January 1997, Del? Otherwise, I don't quite see why you were so concerned about the higher plated MTPLM of your Lunar Lexon, Del, so long as the maximum permissible towload of the Citroen is adequate to cover your needs.
Hi, I just put a similar thread on the uk campsite forum. In the process of having my sterling eccles upgraded. I was never told about this when I bought the van and only stumbled across the fact when I was reading my warranty booklet. I have not been told a price, can't believe you have to pay

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts