Indicator problems

Apr 18, 2006
Visit site
On hitching up to leave site this morning both indicators flashing when doing left/right check. All other lights working normally. Could this be a faulty earth or dodgy 13 pin socket? Any suggestions welcome.
FrankE

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
to be honest Frank it could be either, most likely cause earth fault as the indicators use different pins on the socket, that is to say they are not adjacent so the only thing connecting them is the earth wire,

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Frank
Is the 13pin socket on the car sealed at the rear where the cable enters ?
Would not be supprised to find that water has entered & caused the problem.....

Mar 11, 2007
Visit site
colin-yorkshire said:
to be honest Frank it could be either, most likely cause earth fault as the indicators use different pins on the socket, that is to say they are not adjacent so the only thing connecting them is the earth wire,
Pins 1 & 4 are adjencent in a 12 pin set up

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
everton1 said:
Thanks for comments. It is now working OK so when weather warms up will have to investigate further.
Regards
FrankE

Be aware that some of the earleir 13 pin plugs were total rubbish. We had a similar issue and eventually changed our 13 pin for a better brand and have had no further issues.

Apr 18, 2006
Visit site
Thanks Surfer,
It is my second plug,it was changed the other year on service,I will look at changing the plug for a better quality one.
I thought they were all the same!
Regards,
FrankE

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts