Inflatable awnings

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Some real nice awnings aith air-frame technology ..... am now stuck betweem two annd

Outdoor Revolution Oxygen Movelite Duo XL and. Vango Kela Tall

Both seem nice looking units and fit the bill for me !

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
We have a Motorhome with a Fiama 45S awning which has a channel / slot that the awning attaches with.

We have a Movelite Oxygen Duo XL but Vango have some great models too !
Quality and spec vey close, final decision was more aesthetic than functional.

Very pleased with the product, I can put up and take down on my own which helps. Suggest to have a look at som first hand, I visited Brownhills at Newark before making a final decision !

http://www.outdoor-revolution.com/motorhome-awnings/oxygen-movelite/oxygen-movelite-duo.html

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
They are both "drive away" awnings which mans you can drive your Motorhome away and leave the awning standing while you go out for the day, have not done that myself yet but they are designed for that !

Find somewhere that is a stockist with a showroom !

Feb 9, 2016
Visit site
Just looking at this topic today. Only been a motorhome owner for a month or so and already thinking this would be a useful addition, so these posts have been very helpful.

Thanks everyone!!

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Read on another forum, that inflatables have been known to explode!! Not sure I would want to drive away and leave one up A large balloon comes to mind!

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
I have not heard of any exploding, the tubes in my Movelite due have a pressure regulator to prevent over-pressurisation !

As for the second point, I would be cautious myself about driving away.

But any awning can act like a kite if it catches the wind so I think the conventional pole type would be equally prone to this problem Chirene

You would put 2 or 3 extra guy ropes on if you were driving away .......

I would argue that the airframe type are more resilient, the poles are reinforced for the pressure and for protection, the poles are v resilient but would allow a little more movement and flexibility than fixed rigid pokes in blustery conditions,

I can pitch my awning in around 60 minutes on my own so no faffing with poles, no "divorce in a bag" scenario lol

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts