Insect repellants

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I know this is an old chestnut - but I have never experienced bites in April before and it has come as a bit of a shock! Must be global warming. Please can anyone recommend insect repellant which is safe for adults and kids (ie no DEET)? I have heard that there is an avon product that works. I know you have been asked before, but for me...Thanks

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have heard it said that if you eat garlic it works, (something to do with it coming out in the sweat) never tried it myself, I can't stand the smell

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I too have heard of an Avon product that repels mosquito's.

Avon Skin So Soft Body Lotion - Woodland Fresh - Green. We also have the little battery powered 'buzzer' type gizmos and, while there is some scientific doubt about their effectiveness, I remain remarkably bite free.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have heard it said that if you eat garlic it works, (something to do with it coming out in the sweat) never tried it myself, I can't stand the smell
Thanks for the advice, but as a garlic lover, I think it's bunkum - but I have not yet been bitten by a vampire...

May 6, 2005
Visit site
HI, the Avon product contains a natural insect repellent called Citronella which seems to work. I guess any product containing this would work ok though

Good luck and hope this helps

Steve

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts