Installing TV aerial in Hobby caravan.

May 2, 2024
Visit site
Hi all.

I have a 2006 Hobby which has no television aerial.

I reached out to Hobby in Germany and I received the following information:

"The antenna cabling in our caravans is preparatory cabling. The factory-laid cables from the external socket and the TV cabinet, end in the wardrobe. The cables are not yet connected here.
It is possible to install an aerial mast in the wardrobe and connect the cable to the cables of the aerial socket installed by us using a distributor. Another option is to connect a satellite system outside the caravan. The satellite signal is fed into the caravan via the external socket, the customer can now connect the receiver in the wardrobe and feed the TV cabinet socket with the output of the receiver. Of course, the caravans have a reinforcement in the roof where the antenna mast is installed, in the wardrobe, so that an antenna mast can be retrofitted at any time."

One thing I would prefer to avoid is a really tall external antenna, and would rather a small dish etc sit on my roof like all the other british 'vans out there!

As it seems relatively straightforward, I'm planning on doing the install myself, but should I choose the antenna or the satellite option? Can anyone here recommend any particular brand of splitter/distributor or antenna/satellite over another?

Has anyone else here done this before or knows of any pitfalls I should be aware of before I start?

Thanks,

Raikou15

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
Antenna or satelitte determines where you get your TV signal from. If using a satelitte dish (Like a sky dish on a house) then you get the signal from a satelitte and you will need a satelitte receiver together with the means/wherewithal to align the dish each and every time you want to watch TV (unless you line it all up and don't move of course)
A TV antenna relies on an entirely different signal from a ground based TV transmitter aerial. The two systems are not compatible or interchangeable. It's one OR the other (unless you have a satelitte dish and terrestrial aerial.)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts